Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a pax got violent in my car last weekend and I reported it to Uber, I got a call (yes phone call- spoke to human) from a Sr Executive who deals with serious issues. She told me if I have another issue to contact her. I did so I contacted her. She called me again and we discussed my issue.

Then I brought up the issue of Uber making fair adjustments without notifing their drivers. I told her it happened to me twice and had I not checked the app, I could have lost out on $40 because the fare was adjusted and I was never notified. In my case I got the entire fare back because I had enough documentation prove my case. But since I drive part time, had it happened on a Sunday and I don't go into the app until Thursday I would have lost the opportunity to defend myself.

I told her my case is not an isolated incident. That it happens frequently. Indeed I told her I never heard of a time a driver was informed of fare adjustments. She was astonished. I told her it's not limited to the USA but I've heard of reports of it going on in Canada as well.

She spoke about this issue for at least 30 minutes. She agreed and told me she would escalate this matter to the right person. I went on to explain the gravity of the situation and some drivers are considering taking legal action. I further explained that what's most upsetting is that Uber automatically sides with the pax and takes the fares out of the pockets of the drivers without notification and not even bothering to get the drivers side of the sitition. I further challenged her to google "how to get out of paying uber" and said there are thousands of pages listed in the results of tips and tricks pax can do to get out of paying for their rides. At the drivers expense!

She told me she will definitely escalate this issue and promised to get back to me within 24 hours. I'll keep you up to date.

In the meantime ALWAYS document all your trips with screenshots. They have a bad habit of disappearing when a fare adjustment is made. Also be sure to use a separate mileage app to track your miles for tax purposes but as further documentation you may need to recover your fare. In uber' eyes, you are guilty until you can prove your innocent. And even the most conniving pax is always right.

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to keep us updated!

Reactions: FAC

·
Registered
263 Posts
With the new statements page design they added a few days ago, it's now even harder to tell when a trip was adjusted. In the previous statement page, there would be a handy little blue arrow. Now, I have no idea if there's even an indicator. This whole gig just keeps getting worse and worse every day...

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately the response I received was very disappointing. It appears the only way uber listens is if they are sued. Taking money out of the pockets of drivers without telling them is not ok. It appears I'm back on my quest to find a lawyer to file suit against uber. Please keep posting or informing me PM if you been cheated out of a fare. This is not ok.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Unfortunately the response I received was very disappointing. It appears the only way uber listens is if they are sued. Taking money out of the pockets of drivers without telling them is not ok. It appears I'm back on my quest to find a lawyer to file suit against uber. Please keep posting or informing me PM if you been cheated out of a fare. This is not ok.
I didn't want to sound like Nancy Negative so I let this go. Not only are they not on your side and they don't listen or care, you're lucky if you still have a job. Actually you're probably luckier if they did toss you. :rolleyes: Start a free and cheap WordPress blog and round up the troops of drivers who are starting to see these adjustments being made and find a top firm who handles class actions, who hasn't been involved with driving. They don't have to be in your state. Picking the best firm is the toughest. The lawyers get the most, the plaintiffs get some and the rest is for us poor drivers. :p

Reactions: FAC
1 - 5 of 5 Posts