Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it even possible, how do they maintain any drivers,???? the rate cuts hit the hardest here....does anyone make decent money in the south bay east bay???

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
The east bay and South Bay drivers basically work for free. .85 cents a mile is a joke
Uberpool and LyftLine are cheaper 0.75/mi, .10/min. I get nothing but line requests and ignore them all.

I was stuck in Walnut Creek one night. Got 6 pings in a a row from a pax in Martinez, all line requests. She finally chose regular lyft, I accepted. SFO at 3am

·
Registered
577 Posts
is it even possible, how do they maintain any drivers,???? the rate cuts hit the hardest here....does anyone make decent money in the south bay east bay???
The newbies are trying to get the first 100 trips to get their $1,000 guarantee which is why they maintain drivers. Eventually they can choose to leave after they complete 100 trips.

·
Premium Member
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sucks for the riders as well 20 minutes to wait for a ride in the south bay, what a disaster. they were at 1.30 a year ago what was the point of this???? destroy the product and get rid of your drivers????????

·
Registered
577 Posts
Noobs thimk 15 an hour is amazing.
That's how they maintain
sucks for the riders as well 20 minutes to wait for a ride in the south bay, what a disaster. they were at 1.30 a year ago what was the point of this???? destroy the product and get rid of your drivers????????
Uber depends on the desperation of it's partners. The illusion is feeling trapped and the power is having choices.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Uberpool and LyftLine are cheaper 0.75/mi, .10/min. I get nothing but line requests and ignore them all.

I was stuck in Walnut Creek one night. Got 6 pings in a a row from a pax in Martinez, all line requests. She finally chose regular lyft, I accepted. SFO at 3am
If that was true, you'd never maintain the 90% acceptance rate.

I attempted to refuse all Line requests for few weeks with lyft while otherwise still driving it, and my acceptance rate was under 30% each week.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
And if they returned the rates, then the demand would fall.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
If that was true, you'd never maintain the 90% acceptance rate.

I attempted to refuse all Line requests for few weeks with lyft while otherwise still driving it, and my acceptance rate was under 30% each week.
Send a dm if you want to know how true it is.

When you're over 100+ rides, you can afford to let requests ping through.

And this is why I don't drive east/south bay........

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Send a dm if you want to know how true it is.

When you're over 100+ rides, you can afford to let requests ping through.
It's not "letting some requests through" when you're claiming to refuse all Line. The percentage of rides that are Line remain the same, so as you work more rides a higher total count of them are Line.

And this is why I don't drive east/south bay........
Neither do I. Line is just as bad in SF as in EB. Sixteen pickups last night, twelve were line. Of which 5 were single pickup Line.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
You must work for Uber if you truly believe that.
Lol it's kind like when you have always had an android phone,you think life is fantastic the poor functionality and reliability is there but you accept it cause you simply haven't experienced what it's like with the other guys .

most of the drivers have no memory of good rates they can say rates suck but they are okay with it.

They haven't gone through taxes yet and their cars haven't been to the shop yet for multiple silly things which is why Uber keeps recruiting.

One thing is also kind of a puzzle for Uber so when rates were good we worked less hours went home which meant a short supply of drivers that resulted in surge spikes more than riders likes so then riders started crying

No rider ever said Uber was expensive in fact they liked that the rates were not so low , people bragged about taking an uber all the time and how cars are clean

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
They haven't gone through taxes yet and their cars haven't been to the shop yet for multiple silly things which is why Uber keeps recruiting
No, instead I have a car which isn't at 20k miles yet, but I've earned enough from Uber to pay its purchase price, plus fees, plus sales tax.

No rider ever said Uber was expensive in fact they liked that the rates were not so low , people bragged about taking an uber all the time and how cars are clean
If you haven't heard riders comment on how much more they use Uber with the lower prices, that can only be because you don't listen. Riders say that all the time to me.

You can argue that that's not a market position worth pursuing, but you can't argue it hasn't increased ridership.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
It's not "letting some requests through" when you're claiming to refuse all Line. The percentage of rides that are Line remain the same, so as you work more rides a higher total count of them are Line.
You're putting words in my mouth. If you read what I say, I never said I refused all line. But what I meant and what you inferred are totally different. Here's what I said:

.......and that was referring to another quote specifically talking about the eb/southbay. Nowhere did I say I don't do lines in the city. I'd RATHER do lines in the city, why? $1.10/mile > $0.75. A 35 cent per mile difference. So yes, if I'm anywhere other than SF, I let most lines ping through. The reason I ignored 6 in a row is because I was in Walnut Creek and the ping was near the Benicia Bridge, in Martinez, almost 15 min away! I'm not gonna drive 10 miles for a pickup, and hell the f no for a line ride.

You love to argue lol. Should have studied law........ actually, stick to econ.

And why don't you turn on your ability to receive dm's?

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
image.png
No, instead I have a car which isn't at 20k miles yet, but I've earned enough from Uber to pay its purchase price, plus fees, plus sales tax.

If you haven't heard riders comment on how much more they use Uber with the lower prices, that can only be because you don't listen. Riders say that all the time to me.

You can argue that that's not a market position worth pursuing, but you can't argue it hasn't increased ridership.
riders are ashamed of how cheap uber is lol That's like a taboo inside an uber they don't mention the low rates. I never drive east bay. Are they the ones telling you how they use it so much more cause it's cheap ? That's definitely an east bay thing !

That's 4 hours of my life ! that's how much the riders pay , people in sf are educated and smart they look at their receipts and pity us saying something like they love how cheap it is would be an insult and only ab insensitive person would do such a thing

In order to earn what you have earned you work almost illegal hours and can't have a personal life cause after 8 hours with 6 days a week you are too tired to hang out with friends/ family and be your usual fun to them

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
You're putting words in my mouth. If you read what I say, I never said I refused all line. But what I meant and what you inferred are totally different. Here's what I said:

.......and that was referring to another quote specifically talking about the eb/southbay. Nowhere did I say I don't do lines in the city. I'd RATHER do lines in the city, why? $1.10/mile > $0.75. A 35 cent per mile difference. So yes, if I'm anywhere other than SF, I let most lines ping through. The reason I ignored 6 in a row is because I was in Walnut Creek and the ping was near the Benicia Bridge, in Martinez, almost 15 min away! I'm not gonna drive 10 miles for a pickup, and hell the f no for a line ride.

You love to argue lol. Should have studied law........ actually, stick to econ.

And why don't you turn on your ability to receive dm's?
Exactly ! He gets excited about these arguments except . It borderlines insulting drivers , if you are fine getting payed peanuts that's fine but don't try to explain to us how it's a good thing

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
View attachment 48113 I never drive east bay. Are they the ones telling you how they use it so much more cause it's cheap ? That's definitely an east bay thing !
No. Its a SF thing. Where 90% of my rides occur.

In order to earn what you have earned you work almost illegal hours and can't have a personal life cause after 8 hours with 6 days a week you are too tired to hang out with friends/ family and be your usual fun to them
It may be fun for you to presume, but you're literally wrong on every guess.

I am a part time driver. I earn $900 to $1000 for fares from 100 rides each week and receive $450 bonus just from PDPlus.

Income is fare plus bonus, not just the fare you show in your screenshot.

That being said, I make more than the $15 per hour your screenshot shows just from fares

1 - 20 of 54 Posts