Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It’s definitely not a gift from Uber. But then again, I keep hearing it’s been very slow lately with few surges. We’ll see how it goes, I was planning on driving again anyway.

·
Banned
3,081 Posts
So, about $12/trip, and you have a month to do it.

No big rush there, 140 trips in a month is easy to do. The problem is that they’re including tips. The keywords they’re using are, “this is not a promise or guarantee…”

This is important, because the earnings “guarantee” offers are the ones where you make the best money. “Guarantees” only count base fare pay towards the “guarantee”, so you end up getting paid 9-times-out-of-10 about 33-50% additional pay to meet the “guarantee”. They’re always good.

This particular offer, however, is definitely telling you it’s not an “earnings guarantee”, so there’s obviously some shenanigans built into the algo. You’ll probably get the worst of the worst trips. But hey, if you just drive casually for the next month, you’ll get 140 total trips easily, but you stand a chance of not really getting much more to meet the $1700 offer. It even says tips count towards your earnings for this offer. Big red flag there.

·
Premium Member
3,103 Posts
Tips counting against the guarantee is a breaker, as mentioned.

If you're adept at filtering for shorties, and can incentivize pax to give off-app tips you can make it work. But by strategizing for the guarantee you basically negate surge, tips, streaks (not sure if these count towards guarantee... Probably).

Looks like a fool's errand to me.

·
Premium Member
2019 Reproduction 1860s era Stage Coach, Vintage Italian Leather Saddle, A-36 stainless horse shoes
9,198 Posts
looks like no-shows don't count either. I actually destroyed lyft doing a similar one over the summer...

The fine print actually looks better then the one I did for lyft. Some key things to point out is that local fees paid for you would add into it as well. One of the bigger things that would count are airport fees and possibly tolls. Being uber I would expect tolls to come out of that as well.

I also seriously doubt that no shows will count towards the 140 count. But the interesting thing is that on the lyft one I did is that everything I could have theoretically made between the 105th trip and the end of the 30 days would have reduced the guarantee payout. I don't see a similar hole in this one.

After I hit the number of trips I needed, lyft kept sending me more and more stupid incentives trying to get me to increase my trip count (and lower the payout) I got a $20 for 20 rides bonus like every day for the last week of the month. In my market I would have been driving customers for free for every ride I gave past my 110 rides for the rest of the month. Not even joking.

Nothing seems glaringly obvious that you're going to get screwed. My concern would be getting waitlisted for 2 weeks waiting for your documents and then getting throttled once you hit 130 rides/deliveries.

It's not unheard of for lyft to pay out on similar, they paid out over $1,000 on my guarantee but I kinda screwed them hard and worked areas of historical non tippers and short runs specifically to screw them.

I mean you could do 140 McDonalds deliveries and stick it to them, but you run the risk of getting throttled at 130 and never finishing it.

It really depends on what your cities average is per ride. If you're already averaging $10-15 a ride it wouldn't surprise me if your guarantee paid out absolutely nothing. It would be very easy for them to simply stop sending you trash customers and $3.00 rides. (which in itself would be cool for a month honestly)

I don't really see a downside in trying it.

·
Premium Member
4,533 Posts
im at a month off of driving so far and i got something similar at ~$13/ride but its trash lol. divide all your recent earnings by the trips done. Mine is in the $25-30/ride range. when I was getting good quests like 30rides for $150, surge, ctbs. nice try Fuber
View attachment 638774
In my market the 195 trips is reachable but too many hungry ants saturated our market so Uber won't give juicy $2,000ish

·
Premium Member
2019 Reproduction 1860s era Stage Coach, Vintage Italian Leather Saddle, A-36 stainless horse shoes
9,198 Posts
in my market the lyft one paid a crap load of money. I was averaging $6.00 a fare thou, because Orlando...

·
Premium Member
4,669 Posts
Looks like Uber is trying to lure me back. Anyone else get this offer? View attachment 638111
I id this last year, but worked UberEats, where they keep the wheels rolling, and made a $1300 bonus in a couple of weeks, on top of what I made, Do it. makre sure you set a daily quota, and if you do UE, you'll see destinations (I haven't worked UX in a long time, so I don't know about it), turn down long deliveries, you are going for quantity. Also, I accepted the deal 2 weeks before the deadline, but I made it. Also, it is better to wait until 2 weeks before the deadline, because if you earn too much by starting 30 days out, your bonus shrinks, read the fine print.

·
Premium Member
4,669 Posts
looks like no-shows don't count either. I actually destroyed lyft doing a similar one over the summer...

The fine print actually looks better then the one I did for lyft. Some key things to point out is that local fees paid for you would add into it as well. One of the bigger things that would count are airport fees and possibly tolls. Being uber I would expect tolls to come out of that as well.

I also seriously doubt that no shows will count towards the 140 count. But the interesting thing is that on the lyft one I did is that everything I could have theoretically made between the 105th trip and the end of the 30 days would have reduced the guarantee payout. I don't see a similar hole in this one.

After I hit the number of trips I needed, lyft kept sending me more and more stupid incentives trying to get me to increase my trip count (and lower the payout) I got a $20 for 20 rides bonus like every day for the last week of the month. In my market I would have been driving customers for free for every ride I gave past my 110 rides for the rest of the month. Not even joking.

Nothing seems glaringly obvious that you're going to get screwed. My concern would be getting waitlisted for 2 weeks waiting for your documents and then getting throttled once you hit 130 rides/deliveries.

It's not unheard of for lyft to pay out on similar, they paid out over $1,000 on my guarantee but I kinda screwed them hard and worked areas of historical non tippers and short runs specifically to screw them.

I mean you could do 140 McDonalds deliveries and stick it to them, but you run the risk of getting throttled at 130 and never finishing it.

It really depends on what your cities average is per ride. If you're already averaging $10-15 a ride it wouldn't surprise me if your guarantee paid out absolutely nothing. It would be very easy for them to simply stop sending you trash customers and $3.00 rides. (which in itself would be cool for a month honestly)

I don't really see a downside in trying it.
The way to avoid no shows and do a lot of trips is to do deliveries, they come quick, no waiting, mostly short trips, and you can make that quota with ease.

·
Premium Member
4,669 Posts
It's not a bonus. Don't fall for this. Lyft does this shit all the time in lieu of bonuses.
the secret is to accept the deal 2 weeks before the deadline, which maximizes the bonus. If you start 30 days out, and earn too much, your bonus shrinks and could shrink to nothing, if you earn too much. you won't be able to earn too much in 2 weeks, so take the deal 2 weeks before the deadline. You'll see.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts