Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Common people. Now is the time. We can all email Uber and ask a state wide fare increase due to weather condition on top of the surges. Stop driving.

·
Premium Member
3,221 Posts
Common people. Now is the time. We can all email Uber and ask a state wide fare increase due to weather condition on top of the surges. Stop driving.
Demand? They claim there are over 13k drivers in the state. How many are on this forum? 1%? Demanding means nothing. Don't like the rate quit and flip burgers.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Demand? They claim there are over 13k drivers in the state. How many are on this forum? 1%? Demanding means nothing. Don't like the rate quit and flip burgers.
I'm aware that this forum is not all drivers. You got to start somewhere though.
You know what everyone is talking a tough game, but I bet half the people on this frum have already made plans to go out there considering it's not that bad on major roads.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
as long as there are people willing to drive at those rates, your efforts are futile. Its a part time gig, anyone trying to make a living doing this full time gets what they deserve. Its like people working at Mcdonalds demanding $15 an hour. You are not supposed to support yourself and a family working at Mcdonalds, the job is meant for HS and college kids who are going to school until they get a degree and can get a real job. Same goes for Uber.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
as long as there are people willing to drive at those rates, your efforts are futile. Its a part time gig, anyone trying to make a living doing this full time gets what they deserve. Its like people working at Mcdonalds demanding $15 an hour. You are not supposed to support yourself and a family working at Mcdonalds, the job is meant for HS and college kids who are going to school until they get a degree and can get a real job. Same goes for Uber.
Before Uber took over, all cabbies were family oriented full time workers with an Union. When Uber came along, all basement rodents came out from their video game stupor for a few bucks

I can't believe you're trying to compare a cab driver with a fast food worker .

·
Registered
474 Posts
you are screaming in to the void sir.

DUmb Uber driver sees a 1.8x and says to him self- Ohboy! i go online! no worries about me sir- my 20K auto is not driving lil monsters around for YOU - BER

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have been looking at the pax app all morning and keep seeing drivers out here in this crazy weather. People don't understand and don't care about demand.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
My buddy is a cop in town. I asked him how the roads are and he said, "Shitty." This includes the main roads as well. He said he was currently taking shelter under a garage, and yet ants are out in this for $.87...

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Sheeeeeeet go deliver pizzas like I have been doing lately. Way way less miles on the car, most deliveries are within 3 miles, tips are good like $300 in tips off 4 10-hour shifts and $350 in minimum wage per 40 hours after taxes taken out.

I'm making more than on uber now delivering pizzas and the pizza never requires me to follow traffic laws or asks me stupid questions or possibility of it throwing up and ending my night.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Common people. Now is the time. We can all email Uber and ask a state wide fare increase due to weather condition on top of the surges. Stop driving.[/QUOTE
Sheeeeeeet go deliver pizzas like I have been doing lately. Way way less miles on the car, most deliveries are within 3 miles, tips are good like $300 in tips off 4 10-hour shifts and $350 in minimum wage per 40 hours after taxes taken out.

I'm making more than on uber now delivering pizzas and the pizza never requires me to follow traffic laws or asks me stupid questions or possibility of it throwing up and ending my night.
fortunately I am doing uber selectively...

·
Premium Member
3,221 Posts

Plus Pizza cannot rate you a 1.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
And look at what the rocket scientist labor organizers have done for the McDonalds workers. Sure they are getting more money, but they also have pushed the big boy into a corner. Watch the next couple of years, you will walk into a McD's and order your own food from a kiosk with little to no human interaction. Plus, just this week McD's announced they are rolling out a test program in a few cities where you can order your meal with the app and walk in a pick it up, again with little to no human interaction. So who gets screwed? The kids coming out of high school that would have been able to enter the workforce in a place where they could have learned to better themselves. And all of this was for the welfare recipients who were just too GD lazy to better themselves, just wanted to keep taking and taking.
As for Goober and their self driving cars, that will be the day that Goober finally goes under. These cars are not free (ours are) the repairs are not free (ours are) & when a pax pukes it is not free to clean it up (we do it for a stipend).. They cannot sustain the rates that they currently have with company-owned vehicles. Just not financially feasible IMHO. Our jobs are safe.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts