Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I retired from driving (after about a year) a few months ago because the market seemingly became flooded with drivers and demand dropped off. I still ride as a passenger here and there and had a driver tell me he was making $700/week working 40 hours. It was a Thursday night around 11 pm and he also said he was getting about one ride per hour that night (7pm-7am). Was he bullshitting me or is the Madison market making a turnaround? The most I ever made was around $300/week working 20 hour weeks. And this was during the school year, not summer. Is it actually worth it to start driving again?

·
Registered
268 Posts
I had a pax the other day tell me one of his previous drivers in Madison told him he's making $1500/wk. Some drivers make up all kinds of dumb stories about how much they're making. Dummies don't realize every time they brag about how much cheddar they're making they're talking themselves right out of a tip. I wouldn't tip a driver either if he or she convinced me they were making 6 grand a month.

If you quit in April or May business is definitely slower now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.