Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Made me drive half hour and no Cancel Fee

1K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  jgiun1 
I think Uber system in Labor day malfunctioned. I also accepted a ping 8 minutes away from my home. After I got there and asked the resident at the address, they said they never requested Uber. I called the pax number and the pax said he was not at the location where I was, but in a different place. So, I canceled. Once I left, the same pax ping again in a different location 5 minutes away. I went to pick him up. Apparently Uber system was malfunctioned yesterday.

I meant in Memorial Day, not labor day.
Did you at least wait out the 5 minutes and collect your $3.75 cancellation fee for the pax first mistake on entering the wrong pickup location? Wasting your time, gas, effort, your car's wear & tear, etc....Hopefully you didn't just cancel immediately upon learning of pax's idiotic mistake wasting your time.

In fact, you should have told pax to cancel - that's definitely a case where it's either pax cancels like a decent human being, or you just wait out the remaining minutes to collect your fee for the effort you already put into the ride by getting all the way to the pickup location.

What is wrong with these pax who think it's OK to waste a driver's time and money, and feel they shouldn't have to pay for our efforts? It's baffling to me. Truly mind boggling.

I had three weird cancellations last week and also I think I should have got the money it's really weird darn it we all know.
Fight for your money, my friend! Why not make a case for yourself - email Uber with the details about each incident- preferably through the cancellations recorded in your app so the messages are connected to the individual cases.

Don't let Uber keep your money if you truly believe you should have been paid; Uber counts on drivers like you to accept being ripped off and forgoing any kind of debate about being paid your fees. It pisses me off beyond belief!

I've said it on this forum multiple times - I'll fight Uber tooth and nail if I'm owed a payment (cancellation fee, a fare they tried to reduce, etc) and I'll spend an inordinate amount of time securing my payments - I don't care how minimal the amount is. My money is MY money, and there's no way I'm going to allow Uber to take a single dollar from my earnings if I'm owed that money.

Too many drivers accept being ripped off, skulking away with their tail between their legs and for some reason unwilling to fight the big bad wolves at Uber for what's theirs; FIGHT FOR YOUR MONEY, MY PEEPS!! Don't let Uber keep a penny more than they already fleece you for! Yes you're going to have to send multiple emails, send screenshots, and have the facts to back up your case.....just keep at it and tell them to escalate the issue if you don't get anywhere after a few exchanges. Don't accept them telling you "we're sorry but we believe at this time we don't owe you anything" because usually when they say that, it's a computer speaking and a human being hasn't even looked at the case yet. Don't give up, stay calm, professional and eloquent and don't allow them to keep YOUR money.

And full disclosure, sometimes it takes upwards of 12-15 emails to Uber before they'll come around. But hey, use time between rides to compose your correspondence! Multi task! Practice fine-tuning your Time management skills! ;)

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.