Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,869 Posts
It was about time. Makes traffic smoother. Less crazies doing 60 on 40mph limit and then braking down to 35 on cameras. Idiots
One the a40 I can still see people speed wonder how do they get round it

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
It was about time. Makes traffic smoother. Less crazies doing 60 on 40mph limit and then braking down to 35 on cameras. Idiots
R u one of those Prius drivers who would drive 35 miles an hour on 40 road when u have a clear road ahead of u and a long queue of cars behind u and u fiddling with ur phone on the screen and not giving a shit .

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
R u one of those Prius drivers who would drive 35 miles an hour on 40 road when u have a clear road ahead of u and a long queue of cars behind u and u fiddling with ur phone on the screen and not giving a shit .
Please don't connect me with prius in any way. I am bc driver doing steadily 43 - 44 (on my dashboard) in 40 mph, not giving a s.it about speed cameras or a silly driver behind me.

·
Premium Member
11,869 Posts
Please don't connect me with prius in any way. I am bc driver doing steadily 43 - 44 (on my dashboard) in 40 mph, not giving a s.it about speed cameras or a silly driver behind me.
On the outside lane

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
Why do you care if outside lane? If you conciously break the law (overspeeding), why do you mind other drivers break the law too (hanging in outside lane)?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Before newly installed set of average speed cameras are operational, do they need to put proper road signs?

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
The law on the roads is compromise between speed and safety. If everyone would keep within the law, the traffic on motorways would be most of the time fluent. Why there are 3 lanes on motorway, before junction, slip road, no traffic lights (except the one on the junction roundabout) and gridlock in all lanes?
Because babasanfur does 90mph and 200m before junction breaks and tries to get to the slip road from the lane 3.

Jesus Christ spare us of these 'professionals'. Thank you, amen

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was driving to London central today on the m4 from heathrow.. I know there are 3 fixed speed cameras on the way, each is 60mph before it goes down to 40mph. I was doing well over 75mph, only showing down before the fixed gatsos.. Only today I noticed new set of average speed cameras on yellow posts, Should I be fine?

·
Premium Member
11,869 Posts
None of the cameras on m4 eb are working
The 60 mph near a312 junction
The 60 mph mounted on the middle of the motorway
The 60 mph hidden behind the bend on the left
The 40mph when the road narrows down
The other 40 mph at the beginning of elevated section

None of them are working
Enjoy for a short time before avg speed comes up

The law on the roads is compromise between speed and safety. If everyone would keep within the law, the traffic on motorways would be most of the time fluent. Why there are 3 lanes on motorway, before junction, slip road, no traffic lights (except the one on the junction roundabout) and gridlock in all lanes?
Because babasanfur does 90mph and 200m before junction breaks and tries to get to the slip road from the lane 3.

Jesus Christ spare us of these 'professionals'. Thank you, amen
If u want to do 40 that's your choice stay on the inside lane you can even do 30

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
When you will run a lesson on ZIP rule here babasanfur? Another mess.
Hopefuly they will explain to numpties when they take advanced driving test how this one work. It doesn't matter, the vehicle slightly ahead of you in the lane next is a bc. If those 2 lanes become 1, you let him go and then immediately you go.
You don't let another 3 cars go from other lane, pretending you are a generous driver (when if fact you probably not sure where to go next as your sat nav is down).

Let go and go. Whatever angle you look at it, that's the best way.

None of the cameras on m4 eb are working
The 60 mph near a312 junction
The 60 mph mounted on the middle of the motorway
The 60 mph hidden behind the bend on the left
The 40mph when the road narrows down
The other 40 mph at the beginning of elevated section

None of them are working
Enjoy for a short time before avg speed comes up

If u want to do 40 that's your choice stay on the inside lane you can even do 30
you just don't get it, do you? I like to get anywhere as fast as I can but I am limited by law (good thing otherwise we would see a carnage everywhere).
You have no respect for the law so why you don't undertake if anyone is on the outside lane???

·
Premium Member
11,869 Posts
When you will run a lesson on ZIP rule here babasanfur? Another mess.
Hopefuly they will explain to numpties when they take advanced driving test how this one work. It doesn't matter, the vehicle slightly ahead of you in the lane next is a bc. If those 2 lanes become 1, you let him go and then immediately you go.
You don't let another 3 cars go from other lane, pretending you are a generous driver (when if fact you probably not sure where to go next as your sat nav is down).

Let go and go. Whatever angle you look at it, that's the best way.

you just don't get it, do you? I like to get anywhere as fast as I can but I am limited by law (good thing otherwise we would see a carnage everywhere).
You have no respect for the law so why you don't undertake if anyone is on the outside lane???
I am not a fast driver myself but when it's 6 am and I have to be back to base in 25 minutes it's really every minute counts

And I do undertake specially on m1 when (I don't know why) some drivers stuck on mid lane
Can't undertake on m4 eb too risky

Reactions: Cabbie2B

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
I am not a fast driver myself but when it's 6 am and I have to be back to base in 25 minutes it's really every minute counts

And I do undertake specially on m1 when (I don't know why) some drivers stuck on mid lane
Can't undertake on m4 eb too risky
So you are speeding driver. I used to be too. After few months from my driving test, even worst when I bought a van and motorbike. Awful driving when I remember the times. When you get more mature (person, not driver) you realize the speed limits have to be in place for those crazy or inexperienced drivers. I have never conciously sped since I became lorry driver in 2007. Only in 20mph zones i catch myself doing often 30 (33 on the dashboard)
I drive on the very edge of every speed limit and anybody flashing lights behind me can lick my a..

·
Premium Member
11,869 Posts
It's what car you drive that plays a good role in your speed
As a prius driver it's rubbish in bends and it's limited to 110 mph
I bet your tx4 is the same

But my other car is Honda type r 2002 I can't resist specially hanger lane a40 to a406 north I can't do that sharp bend more than 30 in the prius and less than 50 in the Honda

·
Premium Member
11,869 Posts
Those 60 mph cameras havent worked for years , not sure about the 40 mph at the end
They don't work either
I can add
Harrow rd w9 east bound doesn't work
Scrubs lane near North Pole doesn't work
Euston underpass westbound doesn't work

1 - 20 of 35 Posts