Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lying Lyft has slashed rates, claiming we’ll make “about the same” - “a little more” on short trips, and a little less on long. Total BS, I’ve done the math based on trips I’ve completed, and it’s a lot less all around. WE MUST REVOLT.

Like most TNC drivers, I cannot afford to go on strike, but I am no longer doing shared pickups longer than 5 minutes, and I may stop them altogether. I took a 22 minute Lyft with traffic that only paid $11, so I will cancel any trip longer than 15 minutes. I will sit online with Uber only, using Lyft only as a last resort.

Calling on all drivers to do the same or similar until they get the message. What a bunch of a-holes, they were already highly unreliable due to low rates, so let’s band together, and make Lyft service worse than ever before.

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
Lying Lyft has slashed rates, claiming we'll make "about the same" - "a little more" on short trips, and a little less on long. Total BS, I've done the math based on trips I've completed, and it's a lot less all around. WE MUST REVOLT.

Like most TNC drivers, I cannot afford to go on strike, but I am no longer doing shared pickups longer than 5 minutes, and I may stop them altogether. I took a 22 minute Lyft with traffic that only paid $11, so I will cancel any trip longer than 15 minutes. I will sit online with Uber only, using Lyft only as a last resort.

Calling on all drivers to do the same or similar until they get the message. What a bunch of a-holes, they were already highly unreliable due to low rates, so let's band together, and make Lyft service worse than ever before.
we will say 10 profit off the ride in 22 minutes and a 5 min pick up. 27 minutes. and 3 minute wait to get a new ping. total 30 minutes. that is a profit of 20 an hour. what is the problem here ? should lyft pay you 50 or 100 an hour ?

we will say 10 profit off the ride in 22 minutes and a 5 min pick up. 27 minutes. and 3 minute wait to get a new ping. total 30 minutes. that is a profit of 20 an hour. what is the problem here ? should lyft pay you 50 or 100 an hour ?
you want higher pay go to collage get a degree or skilled trade

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

Example: I actually work outside of DC, where rates were highest in the area. That same trip is a major cut. I took two 9 minute trips today, one Lyft that paid $4.80, and an Uber that paid $7.60. That's a major difference, and will result in me making about $150 less per month. So there's your problem.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I have said it before and I will say it again. A strike will not work. However the threat of a massive strike will. If word got out a good sized strike was happening, it would bring attention to this and cause U/L to respond.

At they end of the day, they have not only both lied about how these changes will affect our pay, but from all appearances Uber and Lyft seems to have worked together on them (they make the exact same change, they do it within a week or two of each other, and all communication about the changes using almost the exact same wording). Think about it, neither company would have the balls to make this kind of a drastic change unless they were sure the other would follow suit.

A big light needs to be shown on this, and U/L need to answer as to why they lied to us and gutted our pay.

So even if at the end of the day, most drivers drive anyway. If it is out there that a large number may strike, it could be beneficial.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I love when people just assume that everyone can do the same work. I'm disabled, and have a degree. That's why rate cuts suck so bad for people who relied on Lyft.

I have said it before and I will say it again. A strike will not work. However the threat of a massive strike will. If word got out a good sized strike was happening, it would bring attention to this and cause U/L to respond.

At they end of the day, they have not only both lied about how these changes will affect our pay, but from all appearances Uber and Lyft seems to have worked together on them (they make the exact same change, they do it within a week or two of each other, and all communication about the changes using almost the exact same wording). Think about it, neither company would have the balls to make this kind of a drastic change unless they were sure the other would follow suit.

A big light needs to be shown on this, and U/L need to answer as to why they lied to us and gutted our pay.

So even if at the end of the day, most drivers drive anyway. If it is out there that a large number may strike, it could be beneficial.
If everyone enduring the cuts joined in, it would make a difference. So far, I'm doing better today than when I last drove Lyft/Uber equally, and Lyfts reliability in my area is definitely down.

·
Read Only
234 Posts
Example: I actually work outside of DC, where rates were highest in the area. That same trip is a major cut. I took two 9 minute trips today, one Lyft that paid $4.80, and an Uber that paid $7.60. That's a major difference, and will result in me making about $150 less per month. So there's your problem.
In my area, U and L rates are the same. In fact, UBER was the first to lower them, with Lyft matching them a few days later. I had assumed it was that way in most markets. But, apparently, yours seems to have been spared from the Uber cut. I wonder why?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
In my area, U and L rates are the same. In fact, UBER was the first to lower them, with Lyft matching them a few days later. I had assumed it was that way in most markets. But, apparently, yours seems to have been spared from the Uber cut. I wonder why?
No Uber cut yet, hopefully it stays that way.

I did in fact make the same amount today as when I last drove Lyfts rate cuts, but drove significantly less, and mostly Uber. Obviously a good thing. I would encourage anyone driving a similar market to give it a shot. Happy Festivus.

·
Premium Member
24,783 Posts
No Uber cut yet, hopefully it stays that way.

I did in fact make the same amount today as when I last drove Lyfts rate cuts, but drove significantly less. Obviously a good thing. I would encourage anyone driving a similar market to give it a shot. Happy Festivus.
I'm in the D.C. area too. Uber/Lyft have the same exact rates.

1,204 Posts
Lying Lyft has slashed rates, claiming we'll make "about the same" - "a little more" on short trips, and a little less on long. Total BS, I've done the math based on trips I've completed, and it's a lot less all around. WE MUST REVOLT.

Calling on all drivers to do the same or similar until they get the message. What a bunch of a-holes, they were already highly unreliable due to low rates, so let's band together, and make Lyft service worse than ever before.

I love when people just assume that everyone can do the same work. I'm disabled, and have a degree. That's why rate cuts suck so bad for people who relied on Lyft.

If everyone enduring the cuts joined in, it would make a difference. So far, I'm doing better today than when I last drove Lyft/Uber equally, and Lyfts reliability in my area is definitely down.
Dude, If you're truly disabled, have a skill and a Bachelors degree in a "needed" concentration, companies bend over backwards to get u as an employee. Helps them with their federal taxes and other fed & state stuff.

Get Some!!

Precisely why I called for everyone to band together, Einstein.
You have a better chance of getting Professor Einstein
than a bunch of PT drivers

·
Registered
15,929 Posts

Lyft and Uber already think the peasants are revolting...

1,204 Posts

Lyft and Uber already think the peasants are revolting...
Lyft CEO, Logan Green, collects bet winnings from his secretary who wagered
drivers Were Not disposable nonemployees

1 - 20 of 44 Posts