Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been watching this for a while i mean a while not days but months. Sure you'll get a surge when its busy and get paid more BUT..... Its set up in a way where it scatters drivers all over the area and to play with your head. YES I KNOW don't chase the surge of course first rule, but this happened a few times. I'm at home in suburbs my app show surge all over city 300%, talk to my buddy right then and there which is sitting in this supposed surge and on his app there is 0 surge at all NONE at all, mind you we are both on the same app and same exact time. he's in city and I'm in suburbs. Now please tell me theres a explanation to this? can it be a restriction to certain drivers, can it be your nearing you bonus's and lyft is trying to slow you down? can't it be a fluke? It is completely a SCAM and the way this is built on these platforms was on purpose. These rideshare companies aren't stupid, they hire engineers for a reason, not just to fix glitches.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Love when they pull the fake ohare pt. Red red red about to get a ride and clear nothing. They use it just to stock up the queue.

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
More than likely your buddy's app wasn't showing it but it was I'm in glenview and saw all surge what you need to do is stop calling fake this fake that quite whinnying and either go work or not Lyft's app is 100x better than Uber and no I'm not new I've got 15k rides in 2.5 yrs

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
More than likely your buddy's app wasn't showing it but it was I'm in glenview and saw all surge what you need to do is stop calling fake this fake that quite whinnying and either go work or not Lyft's app is 100x better than Uber and no I'm not new I've got 15k rides in 2.5 yrs
15k rides bahahaha in ur dreams

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've had this happening to me in Columbus Ohio too. Multiples of us here. Our best bet is to, when we finish a ride, if we see NO prime time when we were in a prime time zone, politely ask the pax if they were charged a prime time surcharge on the ride. If they were, ask them if you may take a picture of their screen. I have heard from a couple of people that they have seen pax being charged for Prime Time and Lyft still telling them that there was no Prime Time charged. Which, my friends, is theft, or at least bait and switch in my book. And I say we all catch them in this BS. It's been happening since January and I'm tired of it. I have been screwed over for the last time.

So if you do get the chance to get a pic of the Pax's screen showing the prime time rate, etc. - I recommend you message Lyft but play it coy like you don't have that proof, just to see if you catch them in the lie. The lying is what we need proof of. Because if we could get to the point where we could go back and examine records to see if they were lying all along... well, that would be a shitstorm for them of a large magnitude.

Because I'm suspicious of their seeming lack of concern that pax who are clearly in a Pink zone, and thus should be paying Prime Time, are not - that is money out of their pockets as well... unless it ISN'T.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Right, 15k. Lie much?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts