Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Why am I suppose to wait 15 minutes while some guy shops in Target?

Lyft added a new add a stop feature and my paxs are now treating me like a personal chauffeur.

One guy wanted me to wait while he went into Target to shop. I told him no, that I only get paid .15 cents a minute. Which seemed to annoy him. Give me a ****ing break. How cheap can you ****ing get.

No booking fee no mileage fee. .15 cents a min works out to $9 an hour. I don't work for that. Why have you cut my ratings in half Lyft? I'm not going to wait for pax to shop. Are you crazy? You have turned every Lyft ride into a line ride but there is no extra pay. It's like a pay cut.

Why not raise it to .25 cents per minute on add a stop trips? Passengers will pay it because its cheaper than ordering two Lyft's. And drivers won't ****ing hate it.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts

Lyft added a new add a stop feature and my paxs are now treating me like a personal chauffeur.

One guy wanted me to wait while he went into Target to shop. I told him no, that I only get paid .15 cents a minute. Which seemed to annoy him. Give me a &%[email protected]!*ing break. How cheap can you &%[email protected]!*ing get.

No booking fee no mileage fee. .15 cents a min works out to $9 an hour. I don't work for that. Why have you cut my ratings in half Lyft? I'm not going to wait for pax to shop. Are you crazy? You have turned every Lyft ride into a line ride but there is no extra pay. It's like a pay cut.

Why not raise it to .25 cents per minute on add a stop trips? Passengers will pay it because its cheaper than ordering two Lyft's. And drivers won't &%[email protected]!*ing hate it.
Just so your passenger is aware it's $.12 a minute at most, $7.20 an hour "to you minus expenses." If your not at highway speeds no traffic your losing money at base rates and getting totally hammered in a Target parking lot.

Reactions: getoutofmycar

·
Banned
2,280 Posts

One guy wanted me to wait while he went into Target to shop. I told him no, that I only get paid .15 cents a minute. Which seemed to annoy him. Give me a &%[email protected]!*ing break. How cheap can you &%[email protected]!*ing get.

Why not raise it to .25 cents per minute on add a stop trips? Passengers will pay it because its cheaper than ordering two Lyft's. And drivers won't &%[email protected]!*ing hate it.
The schedule stop is designed for like hit the ATM or Starbucks not Target. If they are going long OK if not just lie to them and haul ass.

·
Registered
886 Posts
One guy wanted me to wait while he went into Target to shop. I told him no, that I only get paid .15 cents a minute. Which seemed to annoy him. Give me a &%[email protected]!*ing break.
Tell him you'll do it but you're going to keep the trip running and drive around while he shops and come back to pick him up when he's ready.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Also it's how they try to sneak in a drivethru visit...

Yeah multistops are generally utterly toxic.

Especially that the same functionality already existed via change destination...it just gave us a bit more say in it

·
Registered
364 Posts
ATMs or picking up a friend is the only acceptable use of this function. Not even Starbucks, that can take way too long, unless they pre order online.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Tell him you'll do it but you're going to keep the trip running and drive around while he shops and come back to pick him up when he's ready.
There's better ways of charging people for things you're not actually doing for them....that don't involve doing that wasteful action.

Have em double book you lyft and uber. For example. Used that before to "sell cash" to uber pax who needed some paper money

·
Premium Member
5,730 Posts
Why don't they order another Uber/Lyft after their stop? And why don't we end the ride? Uber/Lyft is A to B right? It's not A to B to C to D. Some of these rides should cost more, because of how complicated they are.

Why not just make one stop only? That way, you're not on your way to pick up their friend, a drunk puker.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Why don't they order another Uber/Lyft after their stop? And why don't we end the ride? Uber/Lyft is A to B right? It's not A to B to C to D. Some of these rides should cost more, because of how complicated they are.

Why not just make one stop only? That way, you're not on your way to pick up their friend, a drunk puker.
Indeed.

Else soon you'll be taking base rate wifey or momma into a massive surge zone and waiting around to fish her wasted excon hubby/son out of some hellhole...

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the advice. The target guy did say he would have tipped me well. But after I offered to stay for a tip he changed his mind. I think he just said that because he wanted to punish me. He was wearing rags for clothing.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Bro end the trip and leave in the comments rider abused system. Wanted me to wait in parking lit while shopping and 1 star. Stops are ment for dropping friends off at stops. Or if someone needs to run in an out to grab something. After 5 minutes end trip and collect money. But cover your ass in comments

·
Registered
364 Posts
This is bad for both the driver and Lyft that people do this, Lyft could have an extra booking fee if they ordered two rides instead of one.

Just make up something like Lyfts policy is to only wait 5 minutes and then we have to end the ride.

·
Registered
566 Posts

Well after the "delete Uber" incident, Lyft got a lot of extra drivers and when you have more than the ones that you need that is what happen, companies start making money abusing them like Uber did, this is an economy and people isn't the most important thing at all, money is, I thought everyone knew this already.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.