Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
I got no invite :( . I guess they want me to work.
I didn't get the invite either. I'm a bit offended. I can't think of many on this board who are more positive and supportive of Lyft (nod of my hat to the great Kurt Halfyard ) than me. I'd think they want to serve me turkey and THANK me for GIVING them props all the time.

·
Premium Member
15,973 Posts
It is in Mississauga and the parking is free. I will probably show up because my day job is nearby. I RSVP’d. They are asking for perishable food items for the local food bank. I'll be cleaning out my cupboard.

·
Premium Member
2,209 Posts
I didn't get the invite either. I'm a bit offended. I can't think of many on this board who are more positive and supportive of Lyft (nod of my hat to the great Kurt Halfyard ) than me. I'd think they want to serve me turkey and THANK me for GIVING them props all the time.
Don't feel bad Kev.. I wasn't invited either. 800 rides with a 4.97 rating doesn't qualify... I can think of better ways to spend my lunch hour LOL

·
Premium Member
15,973 Posts
Dang, I looked forward to meeting some of you. I did meet Kev & Athos by pure serendipity at the LYFT launch in December, and it was a fine pair of meetings indeed!

·
Premium Member
15,973 Posts
Update from the LYFT Thanksgiving Soup-Kitchen/Bread-Line.
With pictures.

"Lyftsgiving" was held in Mississauga Community Centre near Burnhamthorpe & Dixie (Not the playhouse theatre). Ample free parking around the building. The Lunch was held in one of the meeting rooms (which had a full kitchen/serving area.) The head of Canadian operations, Aaron Zifkin, plus about 8 team members were present. They had free AMPS (I replaced mine as the battery was starting to hiccup) and STICKERS. They gave out a bit of free swag (Lanyards, Credit Card holders with sticky back to attach to mobile phone case (OK...) and a raffle for Gasoline Cards (not sure denomination) along with a pink basket, tee-shirt, and ball cap.

Aaron Gave a 'speech' at 12:30pm about how he also drives evening and weekends. Says LYFT remains committed to driver experience. Speech done in less than 8 minutes (good, as it really didn't say much).

Aaron then 'worked the room.' talking to drivers about their concerns and issues (Lots of airport questions -- sheeesh).
When he got to me, I brought up the TODDLER/Car Seat issue and asked why nothing had been done to a) Temporarily deactivate LYFT Passengers who try to endanger their children for a cheap Lyft Ride; or b) Why there isn't at least a button in the APP for when this occurs.

He took my email and said he would follow up.
I wouldn't let go on the issue, and he was looking for a polite way to exit the conversation. I continued to ask why the safety of TODDLERS is not at the TOP of Lyft's priorities in the Toronto Market. He had no answer. Said he'd follow up.

Then there was the raffle @ 12:50.

Then I left.

IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG

Only 2 Female drivers were present at the entire event, and yet half of the LYFT Staffers were female.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts