Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,221 Posts
They need to match UBER rates to attract Lift PAX. I worked in the car rental industry for many years and my company had a big team of people watching rates and utilization and would lower rates by the hour.

·
Premium Member
6,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I guess we'll get price cuts every 6 to 8 months. According to uber January is so slow we'll need to lose money to make money and according to lyft summer just isn't busy enough -_-

These companies have no expenses with the exception of paying illegal taxi/limo tickets. Why can't uber and lyft just cut their rates with out hurting us?

·
Premium Member
3,221 Posts
Correct, when revenue drops you drop prices to increase usage to maintain income. Its how the corporate word works. Been there done that.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
They mistreat NY drivers and they're legal there
They mistreat drivers everywhere. The company culture at this point is cemented as " us against the world" the level of shadiness going on during their security meetings is probably the stuff dreams are made of.

Anyhow, I'm glad you guys are reaping what you sow by helping these elitists destroy a working class industry.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
We're just trying to make some money
I know that.

But at some point you had to make a conscious decision, despite evidence to the contrary, that you were going to drive for a parasitic, criminal entity.

From our perspective, they use you guys like suicide troops. You get revved up, drop the market to unsustainable levels, then get killed off and replaced.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts