Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Ya but it's basically worthless now because it's obvious to anyone that it's sinking.

Lyft is a crap company, my AR is about 5%and I cancel all the time because the people are 10 miles away. This is on plus that they won't separate like they did on premier.

I only run Lyft when uber is not in surge, when it surges I turn Lyft off

·
Banned
4,609 Posts
Lyft refuses to make the simplest of changes to improve themselves.

1.) Disclose Prime Time on request
2.) Offer incentives around Uber's

When Uber incentives are off...RUN YOURS (but make it worthwile.) SORRY 1/4% PRIMETIME FRIDAY 1-3AM IS NOT AN INCENTIVE.

Drivers need a worthwhile reason to log onto Lyft, now we got nothing.

·
Banned
2,280 Posts
Stop panicking, Lyft is not going anywhere!!! Didi and GM will partner and put some serious money in the company for a bigger position. At least Lyft is not leveraged as much as FUBER. Lyft going away would be Travis's wet dream but that is about it. KEEP in mind Juno is coming to California, they would love to have some established market share rather than zero.

·
Registered
234 Posts
It may be very good for Lyft and everyone involved (passengers and drivers). If a large company, let's say Microsoft or Amazon, buys them, it can strengthen them by providing better management, processes and funding.

Otherwise, I feel it is a kind of sloppy. With Lyft it already takes more than two weeks to clear my background check, after I have completed everything (registration, coaching, etc.) on my end, and I have to drive Uber only in the meanwhile...

·
Banned
2,280 Posts
The background check issue has to do with the company both Lyft and Uber use. It took them nearly 3 weeks between Christmas and New Year's. But at least I was not off line. Apple could jump into the game just because they have the money laying around. Even if there was a buyout don't expect any big management moves. Those in place can swim, they have been doing that for some time. They are not going to install an executive who knows retail and nothing about the transportation business.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
If lyft goes under that will be benificial to drivers as uber could raise rates without the fear of losing pax to lyft. Ubers price elasticity would become more inelastic so a price raise would have less of a impact on quantity demanded because pax wouldn't have an alternative to uber. Uber could raise their profitability with higher prices so it would be benificial to both partners and uber while consumers would take the hit.

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
Stop panicking, Lyft is not going anywhere!!! Didi and GM will partner and put some serious money in the company for a bigger position. At least Lyft is not leveraged as much as FUBER. Lyft going away would be Travis's wet dream but that is about it. KEEP in mind Juno is coming to California, they would love to have some established market share rather than zero.
^^^^this.

The article didn't sight sources. Lyft is currently entertaining a merger with Carey limousine. If this is what the guy is talking about then he's doing a very poor way of conveying what is actually going on.

The headline is written as a shocker to get you to read. Poor form Forbes. I think the article is written to try and get viewership (like all are). But it lacks facts of what is really going on.

It states lyft didn't deny they are selling the company. Guess what, they didn't confirm it either. Sometimes stupid questions don't require a response. They just require eye rolling.

If GM just put $500 million into a company for 10% and they have already burned through that $500million, which I doubt, heads will be rolling at GM. I would assume GM Capital would've gone over the numbers with a fine tooth comb before unloading that type of money on a sinking ship.

I think the guy that wrote the article is a moron. Just another internet opinion.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
^^^^this.

The article didn't sight sources. Lyft is currently entertaining a merger with Carey limousine. If this is what the guy is talking about then he's doing a very poor way of conveying what is actually going on.

The headline is written as a shocker to get you to read. Poor form Forbes. I think the article is written to try and get viewership (like all are). But it lacks facts of what is really going on.

It states lyft didn't deny they are selling the company. Guess what, they didn't confirm it either. Sometimes stupid questions don't require a response. They just require eye rolling.

If GM just put $500 million into a company for 10% and they have already burned through that $500million, which I doubt, heads will be rolling at GM. I would assume GM Capital would've gone over the numbers with a fine tooth comb before unloading that type of money on a sinking ship.

I think the guy that wrote the article is a moron. Just another internet opinion.
And the author of the piece is a former Uber employee.

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
According to Forbes, lyft has come to realization it can not take the market from uber. The company is now for sale.
Lyft in 2015 retrenched from international expansion to focus on U.S. The Forbes article writer suggests a big factor may be 2016 market volatility, Brexit and how that has tanked Lyft's IPO aspirations.

For me, questions are:

- Would Lyft stakeholders be OK with a mostly stock deal (e.g. Uber)?
- Would Uber buying Lyft raise any anti-trust flags?
- And if Uber not interested, would someone like Apple or GM be interested, to fold into their future automated car plans?

And if you missed it Forbes links to this June article where Kalanick boasted that many cities for Uber are profitable. Fuzzy math there probably, but still worth reading:

http://www.businessinsider.com/uber-profitable-in-hundreds-of-cities-2016-6

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
Lyft in 2015 retrenched from international expansion to focus on U.S. The Forbes article writer suggests a big factor may be 2016 market volatility, Brexit and how that has tanked Lyft's IPO aspirations.

For me, questions are:

- Would Lyft stakeholders be OK with a mostly stock deal (e.g. Uber)?
- Would Uber buying Lyft raise any anti-trust flags?
- And if Uber not interested, would someone like Apple or GM be interested, to fold into their future automated car plans?

And if you missed it Forbes links to this June article where Kalanick boasted that many cities for Uber are profitable. Fuzzy math there probably, but still worth reading:

http://www.businessinsider.com/uber-profitable-in-hundreds-of-cities-2016-6
Until Uber releases their numbers publicy on a 10-Q anything they say are just words without any value. Need a balance sheet, otherwise it's all just speculation. The last 10-Q I saw, that was leaked showed they were $500 million negative on the quarter. Uber has a high burn rate for a company that is just an app. Unfortunately, when kids run a company they don't fully understand the value of a dollar.

I don't believe Uber's holdings are any different than Lyft's holdings. They are both in the same boat. Even with the commission structure so high, they are shooting themselves in the foot at the rate they're charging.

They are leasing some of the most expensive real estate to house their offices of folding tables and folding chairs. If image is so important to them, then they can't stop at the facade.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.