Uber Drivers Forum banner

Lyft wait time in TNC lot

4K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  manuellsam 
#1 ·
The last few days I've been in the SFO TNC lot for over 30 minutes then leave due to the rules. As as Lyft driver, I'm definitely outnumbered by Uber drivers, but I see them leave to pick up passengers in less than 30 minutes. I have yet to get a ride request.

For you fellow Lyft drivers, how long does it take you to get a ride request in the TNC lot?

#4 ·
I drive for both Lyft & Uber...you will never get a Lyft request in the TNC lot. Lyft still gets you passengers by being the closest driver to the request, so I circle the airport for about 15 minutes and usually get one. If not, I'll head to the TNC lot & wait a half hour max for an Uber ride before going back to the city.

#8 ·
They will get you if you circle. They have licence plate readers and they know every time you circle. Don't believe me? As you enter the departure level, look up at the sign guiding you to the airlines and terminals. It's the signage that over crosses the whole departure entrance right when you get to the top of the level. You will see camara type devices hanging from the back of the sign. Those are license plate readers. Once they see you are circling, they send out a marked car or an unmarked car. If you see the junky white crown vic with an old white lady driving, that means LEAVE!

#9 ·
I thought about doing that cause you would get close and a ping would come in so heading to lot didn't make any sense but I did anyway I don't want a 200$ ticket

Once I almost did some chick I was picking up at international terminal called me as I was at door 1 asking if I have correct pick up location she proceeded to tell me to go to arrivals which I informed her we can't do but she insists cause some other guy does it after I asked her to cancel and try another driver she tells me to hang tight she will be right up , I had barely parked for 1 second when the airport guy yelled load or go away ! I canceled the trip with no show and moved on

So strange cause the airport is actually an area uber is doing well the pax are immediately informed to go to departures asked to choose a terminal and door then request when ready but I couldn't understand why this chick would want ignore all that lmao may be too much luggage who knows

#13 ·
Just sayin if you are finding a pax in 15 min more than 1/2 the time you should wait it out Better odds than going back to last place in the lot.
Also find out the max wait time.
Honestly, I don't want to get a ticket at the airport for circling just to get a Lyft ride. After I lap around for about 15 minutes, I always always see a couple of drivers pulled over getting tickets. I alternate between domestic & international before I head to the TNC lot hoping I won't stand out circling, but even then...it's risky. I also don't have any Lyft or Uber affiliations on my car.

#14 ·
Once I almost did some chick I was picking up at international terminal called me as I was at door 1 asking if I have correct pick up location she proceeded to tell me to go to arrivals which I informed her we can't do but she insists cause some other guy does it after I asked her to cancel and try another driver she tells me to hang tight she will be right up , I had barely parked for 1 second when the airport guy yelled load or go away ! I canceled the trip with no show and moved on
Seriously, why would you cancel? You can't park and wait until your passenger is actually ready to load, so you should just circle until you know your pax is ready. They can't give you a ticket if you're actually circling for a ride which you can prove on the Uber app. When you cancel, you're placed back at the bottom of the que...if the pax ends up canceling, you're placed at the top.

#17 ·
Seriously I think the queue is not real or some people are placed higher and to be honest it was first time working airport only so I was freaking out

When the guy yelled move or load I got the hell out there but good to know I can circle when I have a rider waiting

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.