Uber Drivers Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
I don’t know how you guys make money on lyft economy.
They don't. They think they do. Boasting or gloating about their 'awesome' pay in exchange for having completed 70-163 trips in 3-5 days. For not having any particular talents or skills this pay is better than them sitting on their couches, no doubt. But in the field of work, it's sad and it's shite. No one should be driving for basic Lyft. Not a single person. But there is no such term as reasoning with desperate or lazy people.

·
Registered
116 Posts
They don't. They think they do. Boasting or gloating about their 'awesome' pay in exchange for having completed 70-163 trips in 3-5 days. For not having any particular talents or skills this pay is better than them sitting on their couches, no doubt. But in the field of work, it's sad and it's shite. No one should be driving for basic Lyft. Not a single person. But there is no such term as reasoning with desperate or lazy people.
You’re 100% correct. Took 3 rides plus a canceled trip last week and the gross pay was a lousy $96/hr while my online time was WFH. FML.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
You’re 100% correct. Took 3 rides plus a canceled trip last week and the gross pay was a lousy $96/hr while my online time was WFH. FML.
The base rate for those 2 hours and 20 minutes of booked time was $48. The companies basically make it so you have a terrible wage without bonuses. Catching a surge or being given is big bonus is just them paying drivers back some of the withheld pay rate they should have been getting.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The base rate for those 2 hours and 20 minutes of booked time was $48. The companies basically make it so you have a terrible wage without bonuses. Catching a surge or being given is big bonus is just them paying drivers back some of the withheld pay rate they should have been getting.
Which is why I only drive for surges like this.

·
Premium Member
Toyota Camry
1,130 Posts
So in the IE lyft provides upfront pricing and the driver pay is locked in regardless of route taken or detours. According to lyft The driver pay is based on several variables such as how many drivers are in the area, distance to rider, and destination. I believe they present lowball fares to drivers who are free to accept or decline and the fare slightly goes up each time it is ignored until a driver takes it. It's such a scam! Look at this bs ride request. Was lyft always so shifty with pay? I mainly do uber cause it pays a bit better.

View attachment 677359
We don't got upfront in our market. Upfront arriving in market is what Lyft and Uber Utopia were all along banking on happening with driver saturation. Back in 2014 through March 2017 Lyft and Uber were paying $70/hr and most of us drivers knew that would not keep on going on. The Lux and XL were making like $150/HR. One Afghan bro used to name $150/HR with Uber XL driving SUV and he used to really hit it hard. He brought a house with it. But gone are those days. He did it smart and took advantage of the temporary mercy the Ride-sharing companies had on drivers because the Ride-sharing companies knew they would bring hell eventually and they finally did. Our market is dominantly minorities for Lyft. Uber has majority of people and mostly white majority. Too many drivers saturate Uber. Lyft in our market is terrible for drivers so Lyft is always recruiting for $650+ here because of lack of drivers and upfront pricing hasn't arrived. $40 for a 1+ hour away ride is something an idiot would take. Lyft is easily making another $45+ from that long distance ride. Gtfo Lyft.

In our market there's plenty of jobs for uneducated people and minorities. Jobs with Amazon distribution centers etc etc so no one depends on Lyft here. Lyft here is popular amongst single mothers without car seats and other.terrible pax.
Purple Font Material property Violet Screenshot

·
Premium Member
2021 Rolls Royce Phantom
2,082 Posts
Exactly

21 - 34 of 34 Posts