Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don’t get it! The rider paid that money. I in turn lost on the tip money on both. I was tipped a percent and in the past if I’m tipped 10% of the total ride of let’s say $10.00 I would have $1.00.
These 2 rides I was cheated out of tip money.
Who on earth would make an .08 cent donation?
To me it looks like LYFT in padding their pockets to show more revenue and passing it out to be a donation.
My question is, who is LYFT donating these bogus donations to?

·
Super Moderator
2022 Koenigsegg Regera
7,828 Posts
Yep, round up total for charity. I see that maybe once per month. Customer pays is always an even dollar amount in those cases.

Reactions: Wildgoose

·
Super Moderator
2022 Koenigsegg Regera
7,828 Posts
Thinking about this between pings...

If Lyft show you the passenger payment amounts, from which they subtract fees, when end of year comes, where do these "donations" get documented in your 1099?

Question for @UberTaxPro ?
Pretty sure it was included in the Lyft Platform Fees section of my 2018 Summary, I would have to go back and check.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
What is this "Donations" all about? Anybody else? Have 2 now, the other is for .80 cents.
View attachment 309668
--------------------------

You agreed to have a fare rounded up to the whole dollar and that amount is donated to a charity that you specified. You can have it stopped or that is my understanding in L.A..
I was, also, under the impression that Lyft donated that money. It does not come out of your earnings.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
I didn’t have any on mine, but as I think about...

Taxable income, that Lyft takes away for a donation, then lists it as a fee on your 1099?

Devils advocate: if it’s your taxable income, isn’t it now your tax deductible donation?

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
--------------------------

You agreed to have a fare rounded up to the whole dollar and that amount is donated to a charity that you specified. You can have it stopped or that is my understanding in L.A..
I was, also, under the impression that Lyft donated that money. It does not come out of your earnings.
I didn't agree to squat! And yes it is coming out of my earnings!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.