Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Let's worry about the money were aren't making but people finally having a decent (ish) paying job.. And ignore the homicide and murder rate in a once great city- Illinois logic...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Uber wants drivers to pay the $ 500.00 fee if ordinance if it passes. Why not Uber pay half of these fees? No I don't think that Uber the virtual organization will assist with these fees.

·
Registered
216 Posts
More ways the city milks its resources for money. Uber and lyft lost in Austin, now more states will chase them for every dollar they can get.

Everyone just wants to get paid...

Guess I'll do deliveries again. Not as consistent, but potential to make 2800 per month... not much I know, but free/discounted food.

·
Premium Member
3,746 Posts
They can both leave the face of the earth for all I care.

·
Premium Member
4,134 Posts
Here we go again with Ubergeddon if Kalanick doesn't get his way. If UberX and Lyft can't operate with driver fingerprinting and drug screens it's not the city's responsibility to correct their business model. If the ride shares have to conduct legitimate screening there's a good chance that rates will go up but they still will be competitive with taxis.

The only way that Uber and Lyft will be able to get enough drivers will be to offer better compensation to make the additional screening worthwhile. I think they can absorb the additional cost until they eliminate all drivers with self driving vehicles. That's the ultimate goal anyway; drivers are just a necessary evil until there are self driving cars all over the city like Divvy bikes.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Until others corroborate with the original poster I'm going to remain skeptical.

This Lyft/Uber person just signed up Saturday and if I had to guess it's just some jackass 24 year old newly graduated yuppie working for one of those companies.

Prove me wrong poster.

·
Registered
233 Posts
They will not leave Chicago, just as they will not leave Austin they will just adjust. Here is a video where Kalanick calling out Lyft for ignoring the regulation rules that at the time Uber X were following when they were providing service in San Francisco.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Just got an email from Lyft saying if the city Council passes new law Lyft will leave Chicago.

Here's a copy/paste of the e-mail you're referencing. I received it today too...

"As you may have heard, the City Council is debating new rules that would negatively impact ridesharing in Chicago. In the words of the Chicagoist, these regulations "could decimate ridesharing" in the Windy City. If approved, they'll:

• Mandate part-time drivers to attend additional in-person training at Olive-Harvey College
  • Add additional layers to the onboarding process, like paying fees and visiting government offices
  • Require rideshare drivers to have a car that's 2010 or newer

Lyft just left Austin because similar rules went into effect - but together, we can keep Lyft in Chicago. Please join me in emailing your alderman now to tell them to oppose these regulations.

Thanks for speaking up,

David Katcher
Chicago General Manager"

HERE http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ut-to-crush-uber-and-lyft-20160429-story.html is an article from the Chicago Tribune saying that Lyft and Uber will be "CRUSHED" if the City Council imposes these new rules.

-Allen

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
It's a long slow process. It's still in committee so a floor vote could be months away.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Doesn't care if Lyft leaves Chicago, Chicago streets are terrible, literally looks like a warzone in some areas....hey as long as they'll still be in the suburbs, that's all I care about!

·
Registered
462 Posts
They will not leave Chicago, just as they will not leave Austin they will just adjust. Here is a video where Kalanick calling out Lyft for ignoring the regulation rules that at the time Uber X were following when they were providing service in San Francisco.

They did leave Austin.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts