1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Edit: By 15%..

Just received this e-mail...

"Increasing Demand in Los Angeles

We've been ramping up local marketing in Los Angeles this summer, from our college back-to-school campaign to our big half-off promo. To make our campaigns even more effective, and welcome the resulting wave of new passengers, we're lowering prices up to 15% here starting Thursday, Sept. 24.

Affordability is a top reason people choose Lyft, and it's your friendly rides that keep them coming back. Read on for more opportunities to increase your earnings, and check your Driver Digest each week to see how we're continuing to bring you more passengers."

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
The fact that their rates were slightly higher than UberX was one of the main reasons they still had drivers willing to turn on the app. Are they going to do away with tipping too?

Don't know if Uber will drop prices again to below Lyft's new rates, like they have done in the past. When Uber dropped fares to 90 cents a mile it caused large numbers of drivers to quit, which brought on almost constant surges.

Lyft has been dying a slow death. UberPool has become the choice of cheap riders since LyftLine doesn't really offer a discount.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Lyft is a struggling company at best. I would say they are on life support. I got jacked on a long distance trip and followed up with the passenger and they got billed. Of course I am furious, but this just shows me h0w slimy Lyft really is. Uber is BAD, but Lyft is worse. I stopped driving for Lyft after they jacked me. Last thing I want to do is also get jacked for a whole weeks pay of 500-600. Lyft gets what they deserve.

Funny thing is, the college USC and UCLA both suck due to short rides and kids who feel better than anyone, many are rude and disrespectul. I don't pick up from these area's anymore.

·
Registered
304 Posts

We've been ramping up local marketing in Los Angeles this summer, from our college back-to-school campaign to our big half-off promo. To make our campaigns even more effective, and welcome the resulting wave of new passengers, we're lowering prices up to 15% here starting Thursday, Sept. 24.

Affordability is a top reason people choose Lyft, and it's your friendly rides that keep them coming back. Read on for more opportunities to increase your earnings, and check your Driver Digest each week to see how we're continuing to bring you more passengers."
If it is true that they reduce fares by 15%, UberX will be more expensive by about 6 cents a mile.

They have to be hurting for ridership.
Drivers will make more with uber by a few pennies.

But really, driving for UberX or Lyft at base rates is an absolute fools game now.

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Lyft now is .80 base/$1.10 mile/.21 minute
An "up to" 15% cut could be to just match uberx...we'll find out next week.

·
Premium Member
5,574 Posts
:eek:Just my luck! I started to drive for Lyft this week! I also bought into the stock market six months before the crash ! No trips to Vegas for me, I'd lose my Uber fortune :eek:

·
Registered
2,046 Posts

Lyft is nothing more but Uber's little pink sister or little gay brother. Lyft needs to get an identity of its own and quit this mini me nonsense...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts