Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I need to worry about Lyft deactivating me? I'm going to need them in the winter when Uber slows down out here. However almost every request from Lyft I get is 20+ mins away. I can't chance losing money for their reputation.

It looks like you're continuing to skip ride requests by letting the timer count down to zero. This causes a bad experience for the passenger, so we're reaching out with a third reminder.

Remember: Missed requests create delays for passengers and leave them with a bad impression of our community. People rely on drivers to provide a dependable service, and we'd love your help being there for them.

Thanks,
The Lyft Team

What do you do?

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Do I need to worry about Lyft deactivating me? I'm going to need them in the winter when Uber slows down out here. However almost every request from Lyft I get is 20+ mins away. I can't chance losing money for their reputation.

It looks like you're continuing to skip ride requests by letting the timer count down to zero. This causes a bad experience for the passenger, so we're reaching out with a third reminder.

Remember: Missed requests create delays for passengers and leave them with a bad impression of our community. People rely on drivers to provide a dependable service, and we'd love your help being there for them.

Thanks,
The Lyft Team

What do you do?
You will not be deactivated for not accepting trips. Lots of posts on this.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts

Thanks,
The Lyft Team

What do you do?
------------------------------

Members on this forum state that you will NOT be deactivated for not accepting trips - I would take the position of caution. I strongly believe that these companies will deactivate you at whim and they do not need an excuse.
Instead of letting the trip " time out ", I would accept and take a longer route and slow down. The pax does not want to wait 20+ minutes and will cancel . The cancellation will be on them and not you. If you take too long to start toward the paxs, the Lyft system will cancel, or in L. A. that is what happens.

·
Premium Member
2,990 Posts
Hit the X if you won't accept the ping. Don't let it go by itself.
Keep cancellation to the minimum, I do about 1 cancel for ten trips.
Everyone receives these letters, don't worry.

·
Read Only
234 Posts
Hit the X if you won't accept the ping. Don't let it go by itself.
Keep cancellation to the minimum, I do about 1 cancel for ten trips.
Everyone receives these letters, don't worry.
The one time I hit the X to not accept, the app accepted! So, now I let it count down.
Is manually not accepting really better than letting it countdown? Don't they both affect acceptance rate equally?

·
Registered
507 Posts

Thanks,
The Lyft Team

What do you do?
Lyft, stop sending requests for pickups 30 minutes away.

·
Premium Member
2,990 Posts
The one time I hit the X to not accept, the app accepted! So, now I let it count down.
Is manually not accepting really better than letting it countdown? Don't they both affect acceptance rate equally?
NO not the same, I got a letter from Lyft specifically requiring me to HIT THE X if not accepting, try to do that.
Acceptance rate is the same, but it makes their system less reliable if you let it go by itself.

·
Read Only
234 Posts
NO not the same, I got a letter from Lyft specifically requiring me to HIT THE X if not accepting, try to do that.
Acceptance rate is the same, but it makes their system less reliable if you let it go by itself.
Well, I just let them go. As I said, the one time I clicked the X, it accepted anyway.
If they send me a nastygram, I'll consider the X again. I keep a pretty high acceptance rate. So, it's probably not that big an issue, anyway.
But, it really makes no logical sense to me that their system would be more or less unreliable depending on X or timeout. A non-acceptance is a non-acceptance, one would think.

·
Premium Member
2,990 Posts
Well, I just let them go. As I said, the one time I clicked the X, it accepted anyway.
If they send me a nastygram, I'll consider the X again. I keep a pretty high acceptance rate. So, it's probably not that big an issue, anyway.
But, it really makes no logical sense to me that their system would be more or less unreliable depending on X or timeout. A non-acceptance is a non-acceptance, one would think.
It makes sense, just imagine 4 drivers let the same ping go by itself (you are not the only one doing this), the passenger will wait ONE MORE MINUTE to get his request accepted.

·
Read Only
234 Posts
It makes sense, just imagine 4 drivers let the same ping go by itself (you are not the only one doing this), the passenger will wait ONE MORE MINUTE to get his request accepted.
If they can't handle a 15 second delay, or god forbid an entire minute, that's too f-ing bad.
I'd rather let it countdown, then accept by "accident" when hitting the X because the app thought I accepted, then having to CXL, which I thought was a much worse offense. Is that not the case?

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Members on this forum state that you will NOT be deactivated for not accepting trips - I would take the position of caution. I strongly believe that these companies will deactivate you at whim and they do not need an excuse.
Both Lyft and Uber have settled the Employee Misclassification lawsuits filed against them. Drivers CANNOT deactivated for low Acceptance Rate.

·
Premium Member
6,874 Posts
I got a letter from Lyft specifically requiring me to HIT THE X if not accepting, try to do that
I get those a lot. Piss on 'em. If having pax picked up 15 minutes away is sooooo important, then pay me to go pick them up, you cheap bass turds.

If they can't handle a 15 second delay, or god forbid an entire minute, that's too f-ing bad.
"The driver only has to wait for 5 minutes. It's not that long, it's only 5 minutes! What's the big deal?"

·
Registered
748 Posts
Both Lyft and Uber have settled the Employee Misclassification lawsuits filed against them. Drivers CANNOT deactivated for low Acceptance Rate.
This ^

But only Lyft plays their little psychological game of sending you menacing messages that make it seem like you're at risk of deactivation. You will probably get some messages that are even more menacing than the one you posted. Ignore them. Or better yet, just laugh at them.

·
Banned
70 Posts
Hitting the x gets rid of it faster so the next driver will get it. It has nothing to do with you, it has to do with making Lyft look better when a customers ride shows it's assigned to a driver more quickly.

But the driver CAN get deactivated for some ambiguous bs...which Lyft will determine once your acceptance rate stays low.

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
But the driver CAN get deactivated for some ambiguous bs...which Lyft will determine once your acceptance rate stays low.
Where did you pull this information from?

With the settlement, Lyft(and Uber) has to give a reason for a potential deactivation. Not only do they have to give you a reason why they plan to deactivate you, but they also have to give you time to correct the issue before you get deactivated.

From Lyft's TOS

https://www.lyft.com/terms
...Lyft may terminate this Agreement or deactivate your User account immediately in the event: (1) you no longer qualify to provide Services or to operate the approved vehicle under applicable law, rule, permit, ordinance or regulation; (2) you fall below Lyft's star rating or cancellation threshold; (3) Lyft has the good faith belief that such action is necessary to protect the safety of the Lyft community or third parties, provided that in the event of a deactivation pursuant to (1)-(3) above, you will be given notice of the potential or actual deactivation and an opportunity to attempt to cure the issue to Lyft's reasonable satisfaction prior to Lyft permanently terminating the Agreement. For all other breaches of this Agreement, you will be provided notice and an opportunity to cure the breach. If the breach is cured in a timely manner and to Lyft's satisfaction, this Agreement will not be permanently terminated.

·
Premium Member
3,326 Posts
Use a stylus if you fat finger it!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts