Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find it fascinating that I'm sitting smack dab in the middle of a 3X surge waiting for my last ride on a $15.00 3 ride streak. Boom. Ride request 29 minutes 18 miles. Are you kidding? I think I'm turning into a conspiracy guy. Really I'm the closest car.

·
24,213 Posts
Both of them do that. They run you ridiculous distances on Consecutive Trip/Streak Bonus. They hope that you will not take it. I have done a "no cover" on one or two. Eventually, the customer cancelled.

·
Premium Member
4,780 Posts
Use a destination filter. Set it 20 miles away from you to put you into a desirable area. You will likely get shorter trips that way

·
Premium Member
2,791 Posts
Use a destination filter. Set it 20 miles away from you to put you into a desirable area. You will likely get shorter trips that way
This.
I've completed several Lyft streaks using the destination filter so that I get relatively close requests and short rides. This has allowed me to easily complete the streaks and start a second streak before the hour streak period is over.

·
Premium Member
4,780 Posts
This.
I've completed several Lyft streaks using the destination filter so that I get relatively close requests and short rides. This has allowed me to easily complete the streaks and start a second streak before the hour streak period is over.
Same. Sometimes you still get requests 10 minutes away, but the actual rides are usually less than 10 minutes. The goal is 20 minutes total from driving to pick up to drop off so you can start a second streak before the hour is over.

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
I find it fascinating that I'm sitting smack dab in the middle of a 3X surge waiting for my last ride on a $15.00 3 ride streak. Boom. Ride request 29 minutes 18 miles. Are you kidding? I think I'm turning into a conspiracy guy. Really I'm the closest car.
Take the premium pickup at 3X and slow roll the first 10 minutes. That trip is worth it given the alternative. Every day of the week.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Both of them do that. They run you ridiculous distances on Consecutive Trip/Streak Bonus. They hope that you will not take it. I have done a "no cover" on one or two. Eventually, the customer cancelled.
This same crap has been happening to me quite a bit, so I highly suggest using one of your destination filters for some semblance of steady pleasurable driving during streaks. Try setting it for somewhere maybe 30 minutes or an hour out, in a city or area you don't mind losing some dead miles driving back home when you're draping your driving for the day. I hope this helps.
I lost out on 3 Streaks because BOOM! That 3rd ride was either a random pickup 30 minutes out and they would NOT give up and cancel so the Streak time ended, or a freaking no show, causing me to have to cancel. Sure, a cancellation fee is better than nothing but I'd rather get the instant bonus!😡

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
lost out on 3 Streaks because BOOM! That 3rd ride was either a random pickup 30 minutes out and they would NOT give up and cancel so the Streak time ended,
This happens to me too...a 30 min ping from a pax way out in the sticks and they won't cancel (because they're too excited by seeing a driver accept and know NO one else will take it if they cancel, so they hang on to it), I just have to cancel and forfeit the streak.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
This happens to me too...a 30 min ping from a pax way out in the sticks and they won't cancel (because they're too excited by seeing a driver accept and know NO one else will take it if they cancel, so they hang on to it), I just have to cancel and forfeit the streak.
#1Hustler I noticed this morning that sometime overnight Lyft loaded me up with Bonus Streaks...I'm not going to be able to even do them all because I work full-time. Rideshares are my side hustle.

·
Premium Member
8,269 Posts
But you already bragged in a previous post that you’re a college grad & current owner of a successful business, and this Ubering stuff was just a way to have fun and meet interesting people.
Or maybe you’re really just doing the rideshare shit as a social experiment so you can write your thesis on “Uber Conspiracies” when you complete your PhD. Yeah, that must be it! ;)

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
But you already bragged in a previous post that you’re a college grad & current owner of a successful business, and this Ubering stuff was just a way to have fun and meet interesting people.
Or maybe you’re really just doing the rideshare shit as a social experiment so you can write your thesis on “Uber Conspiracies” when you complete your PhD. Yeah, that must be it! ;)
Wow this thread is crazy. I'm out. I'll jut let you people tangle up your crazy shit without me . Have fun.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
He has a very successful business. Uber is just a hobby. And he missed the day at Ohio State where they taught you to double check your spelling.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
He has a very successful business. Uber is just a hobby. And he missed the day at Ohio State where they taught you to double check your spelling.
Wow. Coming from a guy that has nothing better to do than sitting on this sight and correcting peoples grammer.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Everyone tell me everything you know about Streaks because I'm a bit confused. If you finish 3 rides in a Streak hour are you done or does Lyft continue to bonus you every 3 rides? I read posts here that say they finish one Streak and start another and I didn't know that happens. I thought Streaks are one bonus per Streak hour. Am I wrong?

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
People’s
cominng
Everyone tell me everything you know about Streaks because I'm a bit confused. If you finish 3 rides in a Streak hour are you done or does Lyft continue to bonus you every 3 rides? I read posts here that say they finish one Streak and start another and I didn't know that happens. I thought Streaks are one bonus per Streak hour. Am I wrong?
If your lucky enough to finish 3 ridess in that hour and start another before the hours up you should get that pop

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
cominng

If your lucky enough to finish 3 ridess in that hour and start another before the hours up you should get that pop
Oh. I don't see that happening with today's rideshare pickup conditions. I am literally fitting here waiting for my 3rd ping off a 5pm streak. I've got my destination filter on. I'm starting to get scared Lyft will time me out. Its Cinco de Mayo and 75 sunny degrees. i thought it'd be busier...well, the night is young...and I'm SO beautiful!😁

·
Premium Member
2,791 Posts
It's so busy, my 3rd ride in a streak usually comes as a stacked ping during my second ride, and many times, it's while I have the DF on.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts