Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,576 Posts
It's laughable what Lyft is trying...I sat outside the airport they tried changing pax $35 with no driver surge. I accepted one ride. No Bonus. Quicky cancelled... On Uber same ride cost $17. They need to adjust their alogrithim... At least Uber let you know how much they are screwing you...

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
Going to be bad for drivers . You know lyft will cut pay. And Uber will follow.
Lyft has already admitted publicly that it is having trouble attracting and retaining drivers and that it will need to pay drivers more, not less, in order to address the problem.

The issue is that, because Lyft treats its drivers so poorly with all the constant criticism in their "you're doing this wrong, you're doing that wrong" emails, not to mention the constant threats to fire individual drivers, drivers now prefer to driver for Uber, all things being equal. So now Lyft finds that it's going to have to pay drivers more than Uber does just to get them to put up with Lyft and all its nonsense.

Lyft is really shooting itself in the foot with this and costing itself money unnecessarily.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Lyft has already admitted publicly that it is having trouble attracting and retaining drivers and that it will need to pay drivers more, not less, in order to address the problem.

The issue is that, because Lyft treats its drivers so poorly with all the constant criticism in their "you're doing this wrong, you're doing that wrong" emails, not to mention the constant threats to fire individual drivers, drivers now prefer to driver for Uber, all things being equal. So now Lyft finds that it's going to have to pay drivers more than Uber does just to get them to put up with Lyft and all its nonsense.

Lyft is really shooting itself in the foot with this and costing itself money unnecessarily.
I remember Lyft was threatening to deactivate drivers for canceling rides even though some request were 20-30 minutes away. Youre in the middle of a promotion and poof, a passenger makes a false claim against you with lyft and your out of a job while they "investigate"...oh and by the way, that $5 cancellation fee we used to give you...we changed our mind, now we'll only give you $2...Lyft has progressively gotten worse over the years.

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
I remember Lyft was threatening to deactivate drivers for canceling rides even though some request were 20-30 minutes away. Youre in the middle of a promotion and poof, a passenger makes a false claim against you with lyft and your out of a job while they "investigate"...oh and by the way, that $5 cancellation fee we used to give you...we changed our mind, now we'll only give you $2...Lyft has progressively gotten worse over the years.
Right. "Let's make the driver experience as bad as we can, and then ask ourselves why people don't want to drive for us".

¯\(ツ)

Geniuses.

·
Premium Member
9,773 Posts

They would the drivers if they paid anything comparable to Uber. Their bonus zones are trash compared to what Uber surges are most of the time and unless they have changed they don’t pay a nickel more than the bonus. In Chicago right now they want $85 to go to the airport with a bonus of $3, it’s 45 minutes to the airport so you might get $25. Screw that. I’ll deal with the messages if they pay money. I haven’t done a single trip on lyft in 2 months

·
Registered
102 Posts
Lyft is offering me a whopping $60 bonus for completing 53 rides thru early Monday morning.

Uber has a $125 quest for completing 20 rides this weekend.

Take a wild guess which platform I'm driving.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts