Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lyft has quietly started charging late fees to customers who make their drivers wait for them. In a recently published support document, the company outlines a policy that will see it add wait time fees to trips where drivers arrive at a pickup location and wait for more than two minutes for a passenger to get into their car. The fees won’t apply to.Lyft has quietly started charging late fees to customers who make their drivers wait for them. In a recently published support document, the company outlines a policy that will see it add wait time fees to trips where drivers arrive at a pickup location and wait for more than two minutes for a passenger to get into their car. The fees won’t apply to...
Lyft starts charging wait time fees to late passengers

· Super Moderator
14,132 Posts
Nowhere in the article does it say or state that these wait time fees will actually be passed along to the driver in whole or in part…
Exactly! I don't know why they're saying this is new. Before upfront pricing drivers used to get paid wait time starting at the two minute mark. The difference is now this might not be going to the driver. The example quoted as proof in the article makes me laugh. The passengers apologized for taking a minute to get to the car but yet he ordered black and there is a 5-minute grace. So he actually took 6 minutes to get to the car🙄

· Premium Member
2,714 Posts
Exactly! I don't know why they're saying this is new. Before upfront pricing drivers used to get paid wait time starting at the two minute mark. The difference is now this might not be going to the driver. The example quoted as proof in the article makes me laugh. The passengers apologized for taking a minute to get to the car but yet he ordered black and there is a 5-minute grace. So he actually took 6 minutes to get to the car🙄
Uber still pays wait time after the 2 minute mark. Lyft never did, they just flashed the notice "you are paid to wait" on the app while you waited, but they weren't paying extra.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts