1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,715 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
We got this last fall in Seattle. We just lost our Uber surge multipliers in February of this year.
I don't even understand it.....it shows yellow blocks and not one ride was primetime....what's the deal with yellow?

Is that lyfts cheap way of saying "you're in a busy zone, expect rides soon"

-------------------
Update (second picture)....ha....it is the cheap way of showing where to get rides.... OMG I think I hate them worse than Fluber

Attachments

·
Rebel Honey Badger
19,265 Posts
I don't even understand it.....it shows yellow blocks and not one ride was primetime....what's the deal with yellow?
Consider the yellow and orange colors as Lyft's way of saying, " Come over here and sit for a while. We want you here because we expect high demand any minute......"

Anyways you can sit in that orange and yellow all day and you won't get a dime above base fare. The only time you get more money is when you sit in your personal power zone and it starts multiplying.

BTW the Ants to your left and your right get offered different power zone multipliers than you.

·
Premium Member
4,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Consider the yellow and orange colors as Lyft's way of saying, " Come over here and sit for a while. We want you here because we expect high demand any minute......"

Anyways you can sit in that orange and yellow all day and you won't get a dime above base fare. The only time you get more money is when you sit in your personal power zone and it starts multiplying.

BTW the Ants to your left and your right get offered different power zone multipliers than you.
I ran to the airport because of delays....it was like a slot machine there and kept rising. It was like three to four cents a second.

Yeah, lyft just announced this today for Vegas - we're getting it April 15th apparently. Yay, more useless clutter on the driver's app to distract us while we drive.
From early indications, it still might be better than Uber's flat fare that hardly ever moves....I was in a real thin zone and the amounts kept getting bigger....it reminded me of a slot machine hitting

Attachments

·
Rebel Honey Badger
19,265 Posts
I ran to the airport because of delays....it was like a slot machine there and kept rising. It was like three to four cents a second.
Yep....that's what the mind trick that Lyft is doing to keep you online with them and to keep you offline with Uber.

How high will the little Ant's slot machine go before we send him a shared ride?

Observe our Seattle misery in October 2018 when it hit us.

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts

Is that lyfts cheap way of saying "you're in a busy zone, expect rides soon"

-------------------
Update (second picture)....ha....it is the cheap way of showing where to get rides.... OMG I think I hate them worse than Fluber
Yellow isn't surge, it's demand. I thought that too.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
All these "improvement". On my screen the ballons for airport holding yard and the forum parking lot take up so much room, you cannot see the map. Not to mention when I arrive on a trip, the ballon that is suppose to show the pax name has the name cut in half, horizontally. Doesn't anyone in the software department test these improvements before they send them out to the drivers ????
HUH ??? Silly me, of course not.

·
Rebel Honey Badger
19,265 Posts
All these "improvement". On my screen the ballons for airport holding yard and the forum parking lot take up so much room, you cannot see the map. Not to mention when I arrive on a trip, the ballon that is suppose to show the pax name has the name cut in half, horizontally. Doesn't anyone in the software department test these improvements before they send them out to the drivers ????
HUH ??? Silly me, of course not.
Silly Ant.....we are their beta testers. :p:biggrin: .... We are a lot cheaper than hiring a actual software testers that actually work for them and they have to pay a 6 figure salary to.

·
Premium Member
4,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
$1.58 to drive into that bottleneck known as downtown Pittsburgh. LOL.

You know the ants are flocking there like that surge area was a red and white picnic blanket.
Ha....lots of yellow earlier with no surge....I hope that ants aren't going to cut their own throats and kill surge on weekends....can't wait to see this the first weekend night coming up.

The way I look at it, lyft primetime always sucked anyway and only gave you have the requests unsurged for you to decline. So in a way, I think Lyfts surge beats Uber flat surge....I sure do miss the Uber multiplier.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,422 Posts
A couple of days ago (on UBER) I drove thru a faint orange cloud in downtown Madison. There was no dollar value on the map. I never got a notification of "$1.50 surge on next ride" or whatever, nor did I even get a surge on my next ride. I'm wondering if that was Uber's way of showing demand without paying surge.

·
Premium Member
4,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A couple of days ago (on UBER) I drove thru a faint orange cloud in downtown Madison. There was no dollar value on the map. I never got a notification of "$1.50 surge on next ride" or whatever, nor did I even get a surge on my next ride. I'm wondering if that was Uber's way of showing demand without paying surge.
Probably right @MadTownUberD ..all they do is copy each other....I noticed here also that Lyft is gaining on Uber for drivers. The Uber referral is higher than I ever seen ($500)

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.