Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This will be the new reality for Everyone. Our current rate per mile is .80/mile. Unlike large metro's, the majority of rides in Boise are short trips. Boise will now be paid less than it costs to operate a vehicle.

Start earning as soon as you tap Accept
Your time is valuable. But right now, you only earn when there's a passenger in your car. On June 27, we're updating the way your pay is calculated so you can earn for more of the time you spend driving.

Get paid for pickup time and distance
When the passenger is far away, you'll no longer have to worry about whether it's worth it to accept the ride - your ride payment will include time and distance to pickup.
Valuing your time
You've let us know you value time over distance. We're improving your rates so you're paid better for what you care about most - your time - instead of miles traveled.

Here's how your rate card in Boise will look:
Standard ride​
Pickup rate
The amount you get for every pickup
$0.45
Per minute
The amount you earn per minute once you accept a ride
$0.195
Per mile
The amount you earn per mile once you accept a ride
$0.4425
XL ride​
Pickup rate
$0.90
Per minute
$0.2775
Per mile
$0.63
This change will go into effect on June 27. View your current rate card.
We'll always let you know ahead of time when we plan to make changes to your pay. Learn more about this one

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm leaving the LYFT app on all the time. I mainly do Instacart, and pick up UBER/LYFT during the lulls. Now LYFT will be on every minute I'm in my car. I may or may not get to the pax, but by the time I do there will be a nice surcharge.

Our old per minute rates were .11 per mile. So what is stopping me from taking my sweet time and taking the longest route possible to the pax? Wonder what LYFT will do to prevent this. And this will happen to YOU>

Where it's available
These improvements are rolling out to all drivers in the coming months. Drivers in the following cities will start to see them on June 27:

• Honolulu
  • Lihue
  • Boise
  • Roswell
  • Lake Havasu City

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I'm leaving the LYFT app on all the time. I mainly do Instacart, and pick up UBER/LYFT during the lulls. Now LYFT will be on every minute I'm in my car. I may or may not get to the pax, but by the time I do there will be a nice surcharge.

Our old per minute rates were .11 per mile. So what is stopping me from taking my sweet time and taking the longest route possible to the pax? Wonder what LYFT will do to prevent this. And this will happen to YOU>

Where it's available
These improvements are rolling out to all drivers in the coming months. Drivers in the following cities will start to see them on June 27:

• Honolulu
  • Lihue
  • Boise
  • Roswell
  • Lake Havasu City
Knowing Lyft, if you take too long they'll cancel for not making progress towards the rider, you'll be 1 mile away after traveling 20 miles, and you'll get nothing.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Knowing Lyft, if you take too long they'll cancel for not making progress towards the rider, you'll be 1 mile away after traveling 20 miles, and you'll get nothing.
TRUE, but remember, I don't care, cause I'm not going out of my way to get them. I will force them to delete my account, or they will put me on probation. Either way, I'm not driving for .44 a mile.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
TRUE, but remember, I don't care, cause I'm not going out of my way to get them. I will force them to delete my account, or they will put me on probation. Either way, I'm not driving for .44 a mile.
You'd drive 20 miles for nothing??? Why? Delete the app and be done with it, you don't need Lyft to boot you - boot them.

·
Premium Member
7,027 Posts
Interesting. If each ride was the same distance or greater to pickup as to the destination, the pay could end up higher. I know, probably wishful thinking. It will be interesting to see how that balances out.

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
Wow, that sucks. Somehow, they interpreted wanting to be paid for long pickups as wanting to be paid for the entire pickup ride, and reduced mileage rates.
Of course, we all know that U/L will not make any changes unless it benefits them.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow, that sucks. Somehow, they interpreted wanting to be paid for long pickups as wanting to be paid for the entire pickup ride, and reduced mileage rates.
Of course, we all know that U/L will not make any changes unless it benefits them.
Hi Illini, I lived in Champaign/Urbana for a few years-grew up in central Illinois. To bad they suck at all sports these days.

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
Hi Illini, I lived in Champaign/Urbana for a few years-grew up in central Illinois. To bad they suck at all sports these days.
"These days?"

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
Being an Illini fan has been painful for years. :thumbdown:
Please report back after the change on June 27, and let us know what it's doing to your earnings.

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
Please report back after the change on June 27, and let us know what it's doing to your earnings.
I feel your pain. (Florida State Alumna)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I might do one or two lyft rides in a given week. I mostly do Instacart cause it pays much better and takes half the mileage. I'll def try it out to see though. I sell Real Estate too, so Lyft is 4th tier.

"These days?"
Hey, a decade ago BBall was decent. Yeah, football is atrocious, always has been.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
This will be the new reality for Everyone. Our current rate per mile is .80/mile. Unlike large metro's, the majority of rides in Boise are short trips. Boise will now be paid less than it costs to operate a vehicle.

Start earning as soon as you tap Accept
Your time is valuable. But right now, you only earn when there's a passenger in your car. On June 27, we're updating the way your pay is calculated so you can earn for more of the time you spend driving.

Get paid for pickup time and distance
When the passenger is far away, you'll no longer have to worry about whether it's worth it to accept the ride - your ride payment will include time and distance to pickup.
Valuing your time
You've let us know you value time over distance. We're improving your rates so you're paid better for what you care about most - your time - instead of miles traveled.

Here's how your rate card in Boise will look:
Standard ride​
Pickup rate
$0.45
Per minute
$0.195
Per mile
$0.4425
XL ride​
Pickup rate
$0.90
Per minute
$0.2775
Per mile
$0.63
This change will go into effect on June 27. View your current rate card.
We'll always let you know ahead of time when we plan to make changes to your pay. Learn more about this one

The nearer you are to the pickup, the bigger a pay cut this is.

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts

Where it's available

• Honolulu
  • Lihue
  • Boise
  • Roswell
  • Lake Havasu City
Bailout. Go off route on way to pax and run will be redispatched.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts