·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
And the pyramid scheme continues...

Sky Eye Ferris wheel Wheel Cloud

"THE DRIVER SAID HE WAS WORKING LONG HOURS AND FELL ASLEEP BEHIND THE WHEEL..."

Font Number Document

And you know his account will be cancelled if this is reported...

And you know a $2500.00 insurance deductible will apply if he was on his way to a call...

And you know his insurance might not cover him if Lyft rejects the claim... (Hello, Bankruptcy)

And you know one of the reasons he's labeled an independent contractor is because if he would've killed someone, Lyft would've been like, "We don't know him. He was driving long hours to make up for his less than minimum wage earnings? Yea, we don't know him."

http://www.10news.com/news/lyft-driver-crashes-car-breaks-fire-hydrant-030317

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
There has to be a clear-cut violation of the policy, or a clearly identified exclusion before the insurance carrier can reject the claim.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
There has to be a clear-cut violation of the policy, or a clearly identified exclusion before the insurance carrier can reject the claim.
I've learned not to let my guard down with Lyft. They've screwed me on dozens of occasions -- what's one more?

Wasn't Lyfts fault. Kind of have to agree with He Who Shall Not be Named on this one.
Suck it up and take some responsibility for your own actions and decisions.
Many drivers do long hours in order to combat their less than minimum wage earnings. True, no one is forcing them to drive, but no one is forcing Lyft to misclassify them and break the law, either.

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
Lyft's fault. Drivers are too stupid to be responsible. Let's see:
Driver a car and wreck = Lyft fault
Get drunk and drive = Bar tenders fault
Text and drive = iphone fault

No wonder drivers get paid crap...they have no personal responsibility...bring on the robot cars

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lyft's fault. Drivers are too stupid to be responsible. Let's see:
Driver a car and wreck = Lyft fault
Get drunk and drive = Bar tenders fault
Text and drive = iphone fault

No wonder drivers get paid crap...they have no personal responsibility...bring on the robot cars
Stupidity has little to do with desperation. Kind of like your reply.

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
Stupidity has little to do with desperation. Kind of like your reply.
Right I forget everyone has a condition these days that prevents them from being responsible. Poor snowflakes...imagine if they lived in a real tough situation like not the richest country in the world.

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Doesn't Lyft kick drivers off after 10 hours online?

Additionally, what are California's rules regarding drivers of vehicles for hire on on-duty hours? If this driver exceeded the legal limit of online hours in a 24hr period (usually 10-12 hrs), he's looking at criminal penalties and the end of his driving career.

At least nobody was hurt, hopefully.

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
I've learned not to let my guard down with Lyft. They've screwed me on dozens of occasions -- what's one more?

Many drivers do long hours in order to combat their less than minimum wage earnings. True, no one is forcing them to drive, but no one is forcing Lyft to misclassify them and break the law, either.
I understand the long hours as I have been there and it sucks but people need to take responsibility for their own actions and quit blaming others for their problems. To say this is Lyft's fault is incorrect. Even if we made another $1 per mile, there will be people out there sleeping in their cars and driving while they are tired.

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
When I am super sleepy, I close one of my eyes . That helps half of my brain relax and sleep while second half driving.
There was report on National Geographic last year about birds that spend 10 month flying over the ocean in circles without ever stopping. Scientists wanted to know - how can birds not sleep for 10 months . They installed mini devices to several of such birds and let them fly.
Results were such that those birds close one eye and half of their brain sleeped. Then the switched eyes.
Recently I stopped driving too much- getting tired of all the hassle with Lyft and Uber . So I don't do this anymore.

Come to think , scientists should install devices on our heads to see how we drive long hours while dealing with rude ungrateful customers late at night. All while smiling and trying to get 5 stars after 12 hour shift.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Doesn't Lyft kick drivers off after 10 hours online?

Additionally, what are California's rules regarding drivers of vehicles for hire on on-duty hours? If this driver exceeded the legal limit of online hours in a 24hr period (usually 10-12 hrs), he's looking at criminal penalties and the end of his driving career.

At least nobody was hurt, hopefully.
Lyft doesn't kick you off after 10 hours, and limits don't make a difference. If you do 12 hour on Uber and 12 hours on Lyft, you can drive as much as you want each day.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Lyft does, or should I say used to kick you off the system after 14 hours here in CA. I know several drivers who have been prevented from driving until an 8 hour "rest period" has expired.

·
Registered
15,929 Posts
When I am super sleepy, I close one of my eyes . That helps half of my brain relax and sleep while second half driving.
There was report on National Geographic last year about birds that spend 10 month flying over the ocean in circles without ever stopping. Scientists wanted to know - how can birds not sleep for 10 months . They installed mini devices to several of such birds and let them fly.
Results were such that those birds close one eye and half of their brain sleeped. Then the switched eyes.
Recently I stopped driving too much- getting tired of all the hassle with Lyft and Uber . So I don't do this anymore.

Come to think , scientists should install devices on our heads to see how we drive long hours while dealing with rude ungrateful customers late at night. All while smiling and trying to get 5 stars after 12 hour shift.
I guess that would be ok if you don't need depth perception...

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
In San Diego - maximum of 14 hours of app being on . Then mandatory 6 (not 8) hour rest.
So if you finished at 3 am, at 9 am you are good to go. DO NOT turn your app at 8:59 to driver mode . Just wait solid 6 hours.
Btw, they send you text message after 14 hours saying we turned your app off, wait 6 hrs.

·
Premium Member
3,076 Posts
Driving without TNC gap coverage is one example. We don't know the circumstances for that driver, but that's one example.

My insurer explicitly writes in my policy that I'm not supposed to play taxicab with my personal vehicles, and whenever anything comes up they are eager to ask "so do you drive for Uber or Lyft or something similar?"

In San Diego - maximum of 14 hours of app being on . Then mandatory 6 (not 8) hour rest.
So if you finished at 3 am, at 9 am you are good to go. DO NOT turn your app at 8:59 to driver mode . Just wait solid 6 hours.
Btw, they send you text message after 14 hours saying we turned your app off, wait 6 hrs.
Hmmmm...
Drive 14 hours on Lyft and then back it up with 10 hours on Uber and then 14 more hours on Lyft and then...
One company doesn't know if you drove for the other company.

A poster above is correct on one big thing: Personal responsiblity. If you feel tired, don't go out driving. You won't get more alert on the road...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts