Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my car serviced yesterday at the dealers. Went to my dentist appointment while the car was being serviced. Wait for the free shuttle for 2 hours and it never came. Ordered a Lyft instead and started the Lyft Ride from hell.

Driver picked me up. should've seen the signs and cancelled the ride right when I entered the car. Since I'm a driver, I know to always enter the destination. Lyft Driver first tells me a different address. I said no I entered this address. He then starts driving to the address he had on his GPS and adding miles to ride. Turns out his phone was lagging and he had the previous address on his GPS instead of mine. wtheck! Told him he could've edited the address on his GPS but he didn't know how.

Secondly, this dude was flooring his gas like there's no tomorrow and switching from one lane to another. Speeding and going 40mph on a residential street with a limit of 25mph. He also took personal calls during my trip. I honestly felt like I was in a taxi ride; sh** scared for my life. He had no GPS mount and kept looking down on his phone to check the GPS.

Then this happened.. texting and driving. I asked him how long he's been driving Lyft. He says 1 month. If the dealer shuttle didn't forget about me and me needing to be back at the dealer before they closed, I would've cancelled ride and got another driver, but i was trying to beat a deadline here. However, ride was so damn scary and uncomfortable, 1 star this dude, no tip and email to support.
lyft driver.JPG

·
Banned
4,953 Posts
That's the strength of Uber and Lyft, unlike in similar industries, pax can just get rid of this guy, no 5 page reports, phone calls, or attending hearings, just 1 star him and move on. Good for you. He won't be around long.

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
Got my car serviced yesterday at the dealers. Went to my dentist appointment while the car was being serviced. Wait for the free shuttle for 2 hours and it never came. Ordered a Lyft instead and started the Lyft Ride from hell.

Driver picked me up. should've seen the signs and cancelled the ride right when I entered the car. Since I'm a driver, I know to always enter the destination. Lyft Driver first tells me a different address. I said no I entered this address. He then starts driving to the address he had on his GPS and adding miles to ride. Turns out his phone was lagging and he had the previous address on his GPS instead of mine. wtheck! Told him he could've edited the address on his GPS but he didn't know how.

Secondly, this dude was flooring his gas like there's no tomorrow and switching from one lane to another. Speeding and going 40mph on a residential street with a limit of 25mph. He also took personal calls during my trip. I honestly felt like I was in a taxi ride; sh** scared for my life. He had no GPS mount and kept looking down on his phone to check the GPS.

Then this happened.. texting and driving. I asked him how long he's been driving Lyft. He says 1 month. If the dealer shuttle didn't forget about me and me needing to be back at the dealer before they closed, I would've cancelled ride and got another driver, but i was trying to beat a deadline here. However, ride was so damn scary and uncomfortable, 1 star this dude, no tip and email to support. View attachment 21664
Blame the mentor. He obviously didn't teach him anything. Positive side you made it to dealership before they closed!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Blame the mentor. He obviously didn't teach him anything. Positive side you made it to dealership before they closed!
Are you saying the mentor should have teach him how to use a GPS, drive a car? The mentor is supposed to see if he can drive properly, use the GPS, obey traffic laws etc, not teach him. I guarantee that if he did all of that with the mentor in the car he would have failed to drive for Lyft as long as the mentor did there job right.

·
Premium Member
5,326 Posts
What happened to helping a fellow driver? did you give him any tips? tell him about this website?

Or just get out of the car and kiss the ground because you survived!

·
Banned
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What happened to helping a fellow driver? did you give him any tips? tell him about this website?

I did. I told him to edit his GPS address. He kept insisting that I had to edit the address on my lyft app. I said the address is entered correctly on my end. He was just clueless. Told him to slow down a bit and keep it smooth and it seemed like his driving just got worse and decided to just make phone calls. I even told him I drove lyft as well; didn't work.

Got out of that car and sang praises that I was alive

·
Registered
103 Posts
I did. I told him to edit his GPS address. He kept insisting that I had to edit the address on my lyft app. I said the address is entered correctly on my end. He was just clueless. Told him to slow down a bit and keep it smooth and it seemed like his driving just got worse and decided to just make phone calls. I even told him I drove lyft as well; didn't work.

Got out of that car and sang praises that I was alive
Did you 1 star and leave a comment seeing as you did all of that and it made no difference? You may be the one that keeps him from injuring a rider or another driver on the road while driving for Lyft.

·
Premium Member
2,987 Posts

Yes.....this driver is a danger to EVERYONE...passenger, pedestrians, other motorists! If this driver doesn't change his ways IMMEDIATELY, he needs to be deactivated!

OTOH, LAuberX has a point here. IF the pax (OP, fellow driver here) wasn't on a tight time restriction....it would have been good for him to stay a few minutes after the ride was over and SCHOOLING this 1* driver on all the things he did wrong.

Problem is: From the looks of the pic....this driver's habits are most likely INGRAINED by now. He doesn't look like a 21 yr old newbie. The guess of "former cabbie" sounds about right. I don't think there will be anything that can truly 'rehabilitate' this driver's atrocious habits. :oops:

·
Banned
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
;)Looks like he was only going 34mph.
34MPH while looking down on his phone texting. UNSAFE and illegal here in the state of CA.

Did you 1 star and leave a comment seeing as you did all of that and it made no difference? You may be the one that keeps him from injuring a rider or another driver on the road while driving for Lyft.
1 star. made a comment on all his mistakes and what he should do going forward. Emailed lyft support too. They wanted proof so emailed them the pic. Now, I know it's a d*** move, but if he's this bad, there's a little bit of guilt for the for sure deactivation but at least I know he won't be on the road being a risk to pedestrians and drivers. This dude could possibly kill someone with his bad habits. There were a couple of close calls yesterday where he's accelerating so fast and switch to the right lane only to do a last second brake b/c he didn't see the right lane was stopped too.

·
Premium Member
5,326 Posts
I think if I saw the earpiece in the right ear (the one closest to pax) and no phone mount I might just cancel the ride.... and email Lyft.

Keeping your eyes on the road with no distractions is rule #1 in L.A.

Bad things happen too fast if you are speeding and distracted.

"schooling" another driver comes with the risk of being the recipient of a 1 star yourself... so I get the hesitance to do so in a meaningful way.

·
Banned
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Me no phone mount...BUT I do have my Bluetooth in my left ear only so I'm batting 500
Mike, you're a on a different playing field though. the exception to the rule LoL !

He was outta control Joe.
You were there for the play by play text messages. It was as you were on the ride. I should've skyped you guys haha

I think if I saw the earpiece in the right ear (the one closest to pax) and no phone mount I might just cancel the ride.... and email Lyft.

Keeping your eyes on the road with no distractions is rule #1 in L.A.

Bad things happen too fast if you are speeding and distracted.

"schooling" another driver comes with the risk of being the recipient of a 1 star yourself... so I get the hesitance to do so in a meaningful way.
I should've schooled him. He gave me a 4 star lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts