Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just how many times a year does lyft require you to perform a vehicle inspection? Can anyone help? I'm tired of having to look through endless helpless web pages.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I got a notice that I needed to get my car inspected by "certified mechanic" by september 25th in order to keep driving. My regular mechanic wouldn't fill out the form. After a little digging, I found out that Pep Boys has a contract to do the inpections. I called the location in Forest Park and they said to come in after 1pm. Got here around 1:45 hoping they could take care of it quickly. Not the case. Apparently they are not that familiar with the process. 45mins later and still no action.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I got a notice that I needed to get my car inspected by "certified mechanic" by september 25th in order to keep driving. My regular mechanic wouldn't fill out the form. After a little digging, I found out that Pep Boys has a contract to do the inpections. I called the location in Forest Park and they said to come in after 1pm. Got here around 1:45 hoping they could take care of it quickly. Not the case. Apparently they are not that familiar with the process. 45mins later and still no action.
That's because Pep Boys is a p.o.s! Their so called mechanics are a joke. The Uber and Lyft inspection could be done by an eighth grader, but apparently Pep Boys mechanics couldn't get pad the 7th grade tho.

·
Registered
833 Posts
It's not that they can't do it it's that they put it way on the back burner. The one on Elston told me 4 hrs. I heard they inspect the cars in groups because it isn't worth their time to go over one car here and there for $12 or $25. You can't blame Lyft for saving money and the pepboys outlet dealing with the sugarcoated plate of feces that fell into their lap.
I've walked out of Elston twice and have yet to go through the nonsensical BS hoop created by Lyft.
Since my inspection expired with Lyft I've been only been driving for Uber and at least I can cherry pick.
There's no way since lyfts new inspection policy that you're the first lyft driver to ever walk into that sh&$hole pepboys.
Has anyone on here have better luck with other pepboys locations? How was the one in golf mill lakersfan1?

·
Registered
468 Posts
It's not that they can't do it it's that they put it way on the back burner. The one on Elston told me 4 hrs. I heard they inspect the cars in groups because it isn't worth their time to go over one car here and there for $25. You can't blame Lyft for saving money and the pepboys outlet dealing with the sugarcoated plate of feces that fell into their lap.
I've walked out of Elston twice and have yet to go through the nonsensical BS hoop created by Lyft.
Since my inspection expired with Lyft I've been only been driving for Uber and at least I can cherry pick.
There's no way since lyfts new inspection policy that you're the first lyft driver to ever walk into that sh&$hole pepboys.
Has anyone on here have better luck with other pepboys locations? How was the one in golf mill lakersfan1?
I went to the one on Roosevelt in Lombard when I signed up for Lyft. They did them all at the same time and it was pretty quick in and out.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Sorry guys. I penciled whipped mine for years. Someone musta (or a bunch of someones) crashed and Lyft reviewed the submitted form and the lawyer said--you reviewed and accepted---we are on the hook.

I'd never do it again. I see the judge frowning at me in civil court. Driving for peanuts is bad enough--making big rocks into little ones or license plates may be worst.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.