Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lyft has implemented up a new agreement you must sign to drive, and so I investigated it. The new agreement amends the contract to discuss arbitration, etc., but also ties in a new Driver Addendum dated March 19, 2018. The Driver Addendum sets payments to a rate card and does away with the 20%/25% two-tier system. Or does it?

To get to the point: I'm trying to figure out if the rate card honors the legacy 20% / 25% driver payment "take."
My request is: Could anyone who joined Lyft post-2016 also look at their Driver Dashboard and tell their pay rate card info to compare?

I believe Lyft is honoring the 20%/25% but now they won't explicitly have to in the contract.
But, I did the math on the current Lyft rate and looked at my personal rate card and it maths out to 20%. ( $1.41 / mile divided by 0.20 is $1.128)

To give some more detail, the driver addendum clearly states the rate card will replace the 20%/25% system if the market has a rate card (which Seattle does).

Some sreenshots are attached. One is my personal rate card. One is the overall fare pricing for Lyft. The other two are pertinent contract details in the driver addendum from March 2018 (also available on the dashboard).
Font Material property Screenshot Parallel Number

Product Font Material property Screenshot Technology
Thumbnails of driver addendum highlights: Font Paper product Paper Screenshot Magenta
Font Material property Screenshot Number Document

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Lyft has implemented up a new agreement you must sign to drive, and so I investigated it. The new agreement amends the contract to discuss arbitration, etc., but also ties in a new Driver Addendum dated March 19, 2018. The Driver Addendum sets payments to a rate card and does away with the 20%/25% two-tier system. Or does it?

To get to the point: I'm trying to figure out if the rate card honors the legacy 20% / 25% driver payment "take."
My request is: Could anyone who joined Lyft post-2016 also look at their Driver Dashboard and tell their pay rate card info to compare?

I believe Lyft is honoring the 20%/25% but now they won't explicitly have to in the contract.
But, I did the math on the current Lyft rate and looked at my personal rate card and it maths out to 20%. ( $1.41 / mile divided by 0.20 is $1.128)

To give some more detail, the driver addendum clearly states the rate card will replace the 20%/25% system if the market has a rate card (which Seattle does).

Some sreenshots are attached. One is my personal rate card. One is the overall fare pricing for Lyft. The other two are pertinent contract details in the driver addendum from March 2018 (also available on the dashboard).
View attachment 229150
View attachment 229153 Thumbnails of driver addendum highlights: View attachment 229151 View attachment 229152
Matches my rate card for classic Lyft. All of my other tiers (Plus/Premier/Lux/LuxSUV) still show the legacy 20% too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts