Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cancellation rate plummets every time I remove a queue ride. Turning on last ride for every trip is simply annoying. We used to not get punished for removing the queue ride before ending the current ride but now they count is as a driver cancellation anytime you do this. If you can catch the little 2 second bubble circle to decline when it pops up it doesn’t count against you but if you manually decline the ride when it’s already added to queue and before ending first ride you are now punished for a driver cancel. It’s very unfair.

·
Registered
941 Posts
My cancellation rate plummets every time I remove a queue ride. Turning on last ride for every trip is simply annoying. We used to not get punished for removing the queue ride before ending the current ride but now they count is as a driver cancellation anytime you do this. If you can catch the little 2 second bubble circle to decline when it pops up it doesn’t count against you but if you manually decline the ride when it’s already added to queue and before ending first ride you are now punished for a driver cancel. It’s very unfair.
Are you kidding? How is this legal?
They removing queue and changing our rides all the time lol

I feel annoying to turn on LAST RIDE all the time. I sometime feel they steal Bonus if I don't turn off lol
Lyft is doing all kind of shady stuff....Things like AUTO turn online while app open and stuff, This increase my cancellation rate as I wasn't plan to drive and App just go online itself and accepting rides!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
Gryft up to more grift!!

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
They legally can't do anything against you as long as you select "I don't want this ride" as the cancellation reason on an automatically queued ride. Otherwise, if you're forced to accept trips, you are an employee.

·
Premium Member
3,769 Posts
Apart from suckering newbie drivers into accepting shit rides, how does the queue system benefit Lyft? 99% of the time I hit last ride. On the occasions I forget I will take the hit and remove it from the queue. This means that someone who has been waiting 10-15 minutes for a ride will have to wait again for a new driver. How does this not make Lyft look like utter garbage?

·
Premium Member
12,872 Posts
Well being offline years ago and finding myself online was driving me crazy with uber....one night no drivers closing in on the concert. i am on hwy. i look at the 3.7x surge knowing it should be a 4.9x i watch the app turn right on...i get instant ping 2 miles away , when i want a close ping. as 50,000 people need rides.
this is very dangerous is the driver goes offline to quit , because he is so tired. to get lured into a long trip at a surge even in todays times.
the guy is offline for a reason...my 2 cents.
i get lyft wheelchair wav rides added to the Q 55 minutes away...nuts..

·
Premium Member
12,245 Posts
Don't know if it was said,.

You have to remove it before you end the current trip you are on. Which adds a couple minutes to the riders time while I google map it, to see how far away the pick up is.

·
Premium Member
1965 Cushman Super Silver Eagle (Hayabusa-swapped)
3,158 Posts
Apart from suckering newbie drivers into accepting shit rides, how does the queue system benefit Lyft?
I think it's partly that they're so obsessed with micromanaging and controlling drivers, and partly that they want to be able to tell pax ASAP that a driver has been found for them. If the driver dumps the unwanted queued ride, it makes the driver look bad, instead of Lyft looking bad for not being able to supply a driver.

·
Premium Member
26,819 Posts
Sometimes when I finish a ride, and no one in the queue, a surprise next ride starts. I guess it was added at the second I finished the ride.
This is another reason why you must activate Last Ride. When you are completing out a job, at times, it will "adding standard Lyft ride to queue". Because you are completing out the job, there is no opportunity to accept or decline. I have sent several e-Mails to Harshit to complain about this as it is a violation of my status as an independent contractor. I get the usual non-answers in "reply".

You have to remove it before you end the current trip you are on.
Original Poster did mention that he was cancelling before ending the job:

We used to not get punished for removing the queue ride before ending the current ride
(emphases added)

. If you can catch the little 2 second bubble circle to decline when it pops up it doesn’t count against you but if you manually decline the ride when it’s already added to queue and before ending first ride you are now punished for a driver cancel.
(emphases added)

I will hit the slashy circle if I forget to turn on "Last Ride", unless I am working a streak bonus. I have not checked my cancel rate, of late. I have declined after it was added but before ending the job. Lyft currently has me under threat of de-activation for "poor customer experience" as I was cancelling too much and "not making progress toward the customer". I am going to have to check my cancel rate.

When you cancel after it has added, a pop-up tells you that it does not affect your accept rate. I guess not; it affects only your cancel rate.

·
Premium Member
12,245 Posts
What I've been wondering is, When the Stacked request comes in and showing the minutes, is that from the drop off location, or current location like you are half way to the drop off ?

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
I declined a queued ride just the other day (before I ended my current ride) and my cancellation rate was NOT affected. I'm in the Chicago market. Is this because you are in San Francisco? :rolleyes: Aren't CA drivers considered 'employees' now?

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
What I've been wondering is, When the Stacked request comes in and showing the minutes, is that from the drop off location, or current location like you are half way to the drop off ?
I'm almost positive that is FROM the drop off of your current passenger. Because I've had some added that say 5 minutes when I'm still 10 minutes away from dropping off.

·
Premium Member
26,819 Posts
On Uber, it is from the discharge of your current passenger. As a rule, it is the same on Lyft, although I have gotten a few stacked pings that the time was from where I was. This made them uncoverable, at times.

·
Premium Member
4,177 Posts
On Uber, it varies. Sometimes it is the extra time/distance from the drop and others are from where you are that moment.

Still testing to see a pattern.

·
Premium Member
1965 Cushman Super Silver Eagle (Hayabusa-swapped)
3,158 Posts
Aren't CA drivers considered 'employees' now?
No. Uber and Lyft spent $200 million to bypass the state legislature and courts and buy themselves a voter initiative decreeing that we're independent contractors. One court has found that the voter initiative violated the state constitution, but that decision is not being enforced, pending appeals. So we're ICs for the time being.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts