Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you drive a black luxury vehicle, do NOT pickup any Premier/Plus requests at SeaTac airport. They are writing $1450 tickets, I just got cited for not having commercial registration although I was picking up in the TNC garage. This is the same process that Lyft Plus drivers have been using without being cited.

I was told that I would not have been ticketed if I was in a minivan. I was also told that I would not have been ticketed if I was in a yelllow Suburban. So this is all about Black luxury vehicles.

They don't even want to see your waybill. I think Lyft has some negotiating to do with the Port.

·
Premium Member
2,343 Posts
You have had one seriously awful run of luck the past couple of weeks.:mad: That is a huge financial hit, considering what Lyft/Uber pays (even for Select). I advise you to fight it, and good luck with that (but not in the sarcastic manner those four words are often used).

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
If you drive a black luxury vehicle, do NOT pickup any Premier/Plus requests at SeaTac airport. They are writing $1450 tickets, I just got cited for not having commercial registration although I was picking up in the TNC garage. This is the same process that Lyft Plus drivers have been using without being cited.

I was told that I would not have been ticketed if I was in a minivan. I was also told that I would not have been ticketed if I was in a yelllow Suburban. So this is all about Black luxury vehicles.

They don't even want to see your waybill. I think Lyft has some negotiating to do with the Port.
Is there a page that contains ALL the rules?

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
Sorry you had to be the one to learn but thanks for warning us. Knowing you, you will make it back in no time.

As rideshare grows cops are using us like speed traps. In certain cities undercover cops are asking drivers at non designated areas for a ride then writing them a ticket

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry you had to be the one to learn but thanks for warning us. Knowing you, you will make it back in no time.

As rideshare grows cops are using us like speed traps. In certain cities undercover cops are asking drivers at non designated areas for a ride then writing them a ticket
That is not what happened here though. Lyft gave me a request for an actual passenger in the garage area. We have been picking up PLUS customers in this manner since inception. There is no queue lot, but if you get a request you can enter the garage area and complete the pickup.

There is now an issue with black luxury-type vehicles being ticketed.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
That is not what happened here though. Lyft gave me a request for an actual passenger in the garage area. We have been picking up PLUS customers in this manner since inception. There is no queue lot, but if you get a request you can enter the garage area and complete the pickup.

There is now an issue with black luxury-type vehicles being ticketed.
Have you located any official notice(s) that you reasonably would have had access to?

·
Premium Member
2,343 Posts
3 Steps to Stay Compliant in Seattle

The Port and City of Seattle are issuing citations of up to $513 to Lyft drivers for not picking up their King County for-hire permits, having their business license, or displaying their TNC vehicle decals while in driver mode.

Avoid city fines with these easy steps:
  1. Upload a photo of your for-hire permit to the Dashboard.
    • If your permit is expired, hold tight - we'll apply for a new one on your behalf and let you know when it's ready to be picked up.
    • If you received notice from us that your permit has been issued and you have not picked it up, visit the King County RALS Office ASAP.
  2. Get your business license.
    • If you haven't already, apply online and upload the license number to your Dashboard once completed.
  3. Display your TNC vehicle decal on your windshield at all times while in driver mode.

Questions? You can view the full list of requirements on the Help Center or stop by the Driver Hub - our team is ready to help!

Thanks for helping us stay compliant in Seattle.

·
Registered
594 Posts
3 Steps to Stay Compliant in Seattle

The Port and City of Seattle are issuing citations of up to $513 to Lyft drivers for not picking up their King County for-hire permits, having their business license, or displaying their TNC vehicle decals while in driver mode.

Avoid city fines with these easy steps:
  1. Upload a photo of your for-hire permit to the Dashboard.
    • If your permit is expired, hold tight - we'll apply for a new one on your behalf and let you know when it's ready to be picked up.
    • If you received notice from us that your permit has been issued and you have not picked it up, visit the King County RALS Office ASAP.
  2. Get your business license.
    • If you haven't already, apply online and upload the license number to your Dashboard once completed.
  3. Display your TNC vehicle decal on your windshield at all times while in driver mode.

Questions? You can view the full list of requirements on the Help Center or stop by the Driver Hub - our team is ready to help!

Thanks for helping us stay compliant in Seattle.
Besides the airport I would imagine they'll check for this at the ferry terminals (WSF & Clipper both). I've seen cabbies getting inspected there.

·
Registered
961 Posts
And during traffic stops in Seattle. Trade dress up better have your paperwork in order and follow the rule regarding the TNC permit.

Pax are always surprised by the permit..."Is this a new requirement?" Nope always been since the beginning. "You're the first driver I have seen with this".

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.