Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I like Lyft, but face it, Uber has much more brand recognition. I drive for both, and get way more rides on Uber than Lyft. Lyft needs to to a lot more marketing and get th name out there.....

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
I'm hopeful that things are looking up for Lyft. The recent deal with Starbucks will definitely increase brand awareness; as well as the recent upswing in negative stories relating to Uber drivers might bring a few passengers from the Uber side.

I personally felt like I had to work harder to get started driving with Lyft (although most of that was due to hangups with my application and getting my mentor session scheduled). The end result of that process, however, made me feel like Lyft actually puts some effort into who can drive for the company. Whereas Uber is enlisting anyone with a drivers license and a 4-door they can find at the local gas station.

·
Premium Member
5,963 Posts
lyft is getting bigger hand you promo code out.I enjoy driving with lyft more than uber passanger are easier to deal with.Im going to drive either Saturday our Sunday just lyft to see if you can only do that and make enough money.If I can I will slow down on uber

·
Registered
61 Posts
Dana....everyone on here has a code. My advice, go with someone you've enjoyed talking to on the board ($500 if you make 50 in your first mo) OR...go with the $750 referral from uberpeople (I believe this is the same as the previous), OR.... use BIGMONEYDFW1 for a guaranteed $800/wk (requires 50hrs/wk and 30 rides/wk) for your first 4 weeks.

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
My only concern is how long it will take. I've got my drivers permit; but haven't yet gotten my vehicle inspection completed (which I assume needs to happen regardless... not sure how Lyft is bypassing that?).

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
You giving up uber all together.
if Lyft pays for your permit does that mean you can no longer drive Uber? or am I confused?

Also can anyone tell me if the receipt was automatically emailed when paid, I was looking thru my email and do not see a receipt for the transportation for hire permit

·
Premium Member
5,963 Posts
My only concern is how long it will take. I've got my drivers permit; but haven't yet gotten my vehicle inspection completed (which I assume needs to happen regardless... not sure how Lyft is bypassing that?).
if Lyft pays for your permit does that mean you can no longer drive Uber? or am I confused?

Also can anyone tell me if the receipt was automatically emailed when paid, I was looking thru my email and do not see a receipt for the transportation for hire permit
You can work for whoever you want you not there employees you just a user of there platform

1 - 15 of 15 Posts