Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting update from LYFT:
If PAX doesn't rate it defaults to 5*
(more or less analogous to the driver App)
They are auto-dropping LOWEST rating, and explicitly communicating to drivers that they can 'tell their side to dispute low ratings (I do this all the time when PAX asks me to do something illegal (stopping, U-Turn, etc.) and when I refuse, retaliates with 1*).
Pax can also tip in the app DURING the ride, or set auto tip % for all their rides.

LyftUpdate.jpg

(Still no Significant Update to address parents of toddler PAX without Car-Seats...Grrr.)

·
Banned
3,995 Posts
U beat to the punch lol yes finally yes yes yes

But when will we get this update?

This update is back
SmartSelect_20181115-113103_Lyft Driver.jpg

No wait it's gone again lol

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
Not clear how the lowest rating removal feature works? Like if I get a 1 star rating , I can ask Lyft to remove it?

I don’t drive for Lyft but just curious.

·
Premium Member
15,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not clear how the lowest rating removal feature works? Like if I get a 1 star rating , I can ask Lyft to remove it?

I don't drive for Lyft but just curious.
It appears they will by default strike off the lowest rating out of 100 ratings as part of their algorithm.
Also, in terms of individual rides, if you know a PAX rated you low, and you know it was because they asked you to do something that was not in LYFTs policy out of a sense of passenger entitlement, then you can call Customer/Driver support, explain the situation, and they will remove this. I've done this 3-4 times with no trouble, they are now telling all their drivers this is explicitly, which is good in terms of policy/transparency.

U beat to the punch lol yes finally yes yes yes

But when will we get this update?

This update is back
View attachment 273827

No wait it's gone again
I've never seen this update. Weird that it keeps coming and going for you. A. Zifkin, has emailed me in the past with the 'news' that things are in the works, but it's been months. Hopefully it will be rolled out permanently.

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Interesting update from LYFT:
If PAX doesn't rate it defaults to 5*
(more or less analogous to the driver App)
They are auto-dropping LOWEST rating, and explicitly communicating to drivers that they can 'tell their side to dispute low ratings (I do this all the time when PAX asks me to do something illegal (stopping, U-Turn, etc.) and when I refuse, retaliates with 1*).
Pax can also tip in the app DURING the ride, or set auto tip % for all their rides.

View attachment 273812

(Still no Significant Update to address parents of toddler PAX without Car-Seats...Grrr.)
This is the best news I heard from LYFT. Finally, I will get a fair rating for trips that are perfect and uneventful but the pax doesn't bother to rate! This is definitely a customer friendly move for the drivers. Finally, they made changes that helps drivers!!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool:

·
Premium Member
15,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, they should only send long pings to people with EV or Hybrids. Since they are running on cheap electrons, they can bother to travel 10 minutes for a 2 km fare.
I'm embarrassed to say that I've done this when I was bored. Even PAX sometimes says, I'm surprised you came all this way out to get me... I know, I am a bad person for enabling the MILTON pax. I don't do this often, but when I do, I can safely say that I'm not losing money (only some time) on this 4km around the block fare.

·
Premium Member
17,874 Posts
This actually sounds more meaningful that Uber's 180 days of bullshit.
I agree... I look forward to the bonuses cuz then I drive for lyft more... uber just seems to have more selects than lyft... and my rep talk with lyft seems to be more productive than with uber.

·
Registered
575 Posts
This is beneficial for drivers but how would this weed out "bad" apples? Like people who are actually bad? Every pax walking around with 5 star rating and every driver with 5 star rating.
It's like everyone is a winner and get a trophy for participating .

·
Premium Member
3,148 Posts
This is beneficial for drivers but how would this weed out "bad" apples? Like people who are actually bad? Every pax walking around with 5 star rating and every driver with 5 star rating.
It's like everyone is a winner and get a trophy for participating .
4.95 will be the new 4.8..

·
Premium Member
17,874 Posts
The reason isn't to make you feel good or be "fair" to you... it's to have advertisement rights: "look, all our drivers are 4.95 or higher, we are superior over our competition".

·
Banned
3,995 Posts
U guys are over thinking things. Bad drivers will have low ratings good drivers will have high ratings.

I found this after waiting 5min for a pax. Safety concern. Didn't push it I wonder if that's where the child car seat reason is

Screenshot_20181115-231550_Lyft Driver.jpg

·
Premium Member
15,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
U guys are over thinking things. Bad drivers will have low ratings good drivers will have high ratings.

I found this after waiting 5min for a pax. Safety concern. Didn't push it I wonder if that's where the child car seat reason is

View attachment 274075
DO you have to wait 5 minutes for that menu-tree option? Because I KNOW RIGHT AWAY when Parent-Pax do not have a carseat.

·
Premium Member
17,874 Posts
^^^THIS. (Or any other safety concern, for that matter)
Yep, it's annoying. Had it few days ago. Lady was like "i will keep him on my lap" and "other drivers do it"... im like no way.. then she asks to cancel.. I said sure. While waiting for 5 min, she ended up cancelling at 2:30min . Either way, five dolla. And no, I did not stick around to see what the other guy will do/ yell at him/etc ... don't care what others do.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts