Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,638 Posts
lol, I’m sure most Uber drivers know the city that they are heading to based on minutes till destination and the area that the map is pointing toward. ppl way too often focus on stupid things, and this is one of those things.

Providing only the store name on the other hand is a pain in the butt. Some stores don’t have their names in plain view sight, and riders also don’t know where the store is.

·
Premium Member
19,592 Posts
Lol you are lucky to get a street name and number. Most of the time Lyft only gives me a business name (eg. 'shoeless joes') and I have no clue what side of the street it's on until I get REAL close.

Lyft sucks.
Yeah that's my petpeeve with lyft as well... we are not ******ed, we can read street and signs... the street numbers actually help with side of the road drop off is on.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Yeah that's my petpeeve with lyft as well... we are not ******ed, we can read street and signs... the street numbers actually help with side of the road drop off is on.
Who cares about what side of the road the establishment is on. People can always cross the street you know. Stop putting so much pressure on yourself. Being an Uber driver is already taugh as it is.

·
Premium Member
19,592 Posts
Who cares about what side of the road the establishment is on. People can always cross the street you know. Stop putting so much pressure on yourself. Being an Uber driver is already taugh as it is.
Just makes it for a smoother experience for both... many times pick up is a plaza. Not gonna stop on opposite side of divided road.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Just makes it for a smoother experience for both... many times pick up is a plaza. Not gonna stop on opposite side of divided road.
A lot of times in downtown this requires a U-Turn. I've been given a 1 star for kindly accommodating. I guess since these types of maneuvers take time, the PAX felt hostage in my vehicle. Learned my lesson real quick.

·
Premium Member
19,592 Posts
A lot of times in downtown this requires a U-Turn. I've been given a 1 star for kindly accommodating. I guess since these types of maneuvers take time, the PAX felt hostage in my vehicle. Learned my lesson real quick.
For drop offs I find pax pretty good at getting out on the other side... .pick ups, they tend not to like crossing... it all depends on situations.... had one pool pickup across the intersection (diagonal to me)... made eye contact with pax and indicated for them to cross, they complied... otherwise in that case I wouldn't do any maneuvers... as it would easily take more more than 2min, so if they didnt comply, it would've been a cancel :)

·
Premium Member
1,237 Posts
Why Lyft does not show drop off destination properly. Only street name and number. I need to know which city we are going to. What do you think?
I have riders who pin in destination TD Bank or Loblaws or Gap etc, etc.... At least type in an address. Lyft doesn't set up name of store & address like Uber for destination. Toronto is too busy a city not to have proper address or have riders at least know the intersection of their destination.

Lyft App may work better in Barrie definitely not in Toronto.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts