Uber Drivers Forum banner

Do you accept more than 2 people on a Lyft line or Uber pool ?

• yes

• no

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So lesson learned , don't stay and try to explain to them why you cancelling , this women went crazy and thought I was going to give her the money , like it was me who is charging her , she requested Lyft line for her friend but it was her friend (adult) 2 children ages between 5 to 10 and a new born , obviously I was going to cancel , so she jumped on front of my car and never left , had to call the cops because this crazy b**** and report to lyft
this was in Fall River , Massachusetts

·
Registered
9,257 Posts
I would have said that I'm cancelling the trip and that you won't be charged. Lie to get out of that situation (even though you'll still charge her the cancellation fee). She seemed to be worried that she would be charged 11 dollars.

·
Banned
422 Posts
So lesson learned , don't stay and try to explain to them why you cancelling , this women went crazy and thought I was going to give her the money , like it was me who is charging her , she requested Lyft line for her friend but it was her friend (adult) 2 children ages between 5 to 10 and a new born , obviously I was going to cancel , so she jumped on front of my car and never left , had to call the cops because this crazy b**** and report to lyft
this was in Fall River , Massachusetts

Gotta love the sistas.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Yes. I recently had that happen from a customer who did not count two children as people. He also did not have a car seat for an infant. To make a long story short, he decided to accuse me of racism for that claiming that I wouldn’t drive him because he is black. He also reported that to Uber.

After 5,000 or so rides, I don’t even notice race anymore. I notice if people are nice or if they are jerks. That’s about it.

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
Not to nit pick but; I see a number of mistakes made from the time you pulled up.
1. Should have parked safely once she said a baby was coming along.
2. When the oncoming car was approaching you should have moved out the way. (forward, not backward)
3. Good job explaining; but when she said "give me my bread right now" you should have canceled immediately and asked her to request another ride. And you could contact Lyft immediately.
4. You started to pull away when she said she's taking your license number. Why did you stop? You didn't break any law, or do anything wrong.
5. Backing up to engage in more conversation was a big mistake. She was able to get in front of your car and luckily did not have a weapon drawn.
I'm glad you understand that you learned your lesson. That dash cam may have been your saving grace.
Thanks for the footage...helps us all.

·
Registered
9,257 Posts
Also safety is more important then getting 5 bucks from the cancellation fee.

I get out of there and try to pull to the street next to where you sat.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
We are supposed to be nice and well, appeared to be weak. I bet she won't dare to stand I front of a cab. The cabbie will run her over.

Uber and Lyft will continue to put us in these dangerous situations. We as drivers have to do something.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Dash cams are the best. No more he said she said.

We are supposed to be nice and well, appeared to be weak. I bet she won't dare to stand I front of a cab. The cabbie will run her over.

Uber and Lyft will continue to put us in these dangerous situations. We as drivers have to do something.
We do have a option to prevent ourselves from danger. Stop taking thouse lyft line and uber pool pax.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Not to nit pick but; I see a number of mistakes made from the time you pulled up.
1. Should have parked safely once she said a baby was coming along.
2. When the oncoming car was approaching you should have moved out the way. (forward, not backward)
3. Good job explaining; but when she said "give me my bread right now" you should have canceled immediately and asked her to request another ride. And you could contact Lyft immediately.
4. You started to pull away when she said she's taking your license number. Why did you stop? You didn't break any law, or do anything wrong.
5. Backing up to engage in more conversation was a big mistake. She was able to get in front of your car and luckily did not have a weapon drawn.
I'm glad you understand that you learned your lesson. That dash cam may have been your saving grace.
Thanks for the footage...helps us all.
Now You Understand why I didn't accept line huh?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Dash cams are the best. No more he said she said.

We do have a option to prevent ourselves from danger. Stop taking thouse lyft line and uber pool pax.
Similar situation could have happened to Uberx. Let's say the pax has no car seat for a child, you cancel, she can go crazy and stand in front of the car.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
What a idiot, by acting like a baby she thinks she will get money from the driver or even pressure you into a ride. Forget her ,go around the block get your no show fee.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Sbe dont seem that agressive she is just someone wbo dont take shit from anyone. She was about to lose her money maybe for not knowing how all this line lyft etc bs works.
I would leave my car and explain. You guys are scared of everything thats crazy

1 - 20 of 31 Posts