Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2,193 Posts
Lyft is giving money to offset carbon emissions.

Carbon emissions offsets. What a racket. P.T. Barnum was right.

https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/558443/
These climate change advocate morons LMAO

I wonder where electricity comes from???

Burning coal...aka fossil fuels liberal snowflakes hate.
So in the end, electric cars pollute the air just as much as gasoline cars...

Seriously, liberals are stupid morons.

Liberals need to abandon their computers, phones, TV's etc and live as Armish.... live by an example...or just plain shut up about climate change

·
Premium Member
107 Posts

Liberals need to abandon their computers, phones, TV's etc and live as Armish.... live by an example...or just plain shut up about climate change
Here we go again....really profound and well researched what you just said :rolleyes:

Have the safest rides !

·
Registered
297 Posts

I picked up a guy today. We talked about the weather and how cold it was for April.

I told him I was ready for a bit of global warming at this point.

He told me the cold was the result of global warming. I think he said he hoped we would reduce Global emissions of carbon so that we would not be so cold in April.

He was not a snowflake. He was a local driver for DHL. And Hispanic.

That's when I realized that the Western mind has been closed. I think we're into centuries of Dark Ages ruled by faith rather than Reason.

I suppose it's a blessing that that I will not live to see it and leave no progeny to suffer from it.

·
Premium Member
7,501 Posts
I picked up a guy today. We talked about the weather and how cold it was for April.

I told him I was ready for a bit of global warming at this point.

He told me the cold was the result of global warming. I think he said he hoped we would reduce Global emissions of carbon so that we would not be so cold in April.

He was not a snowflake. He was a local driver for DHL. And Hispanic.

That's when I realized that the Western mind has been closed. I think we're into centuries of Dark Ages ruled by faith rather than Reason.

I suppose it's a blessing that that I will not live to see it and leave no progeny to suffer from it.
I lean in the direction that there isn't global warming taking place, but to use cold weather as proof is nonsense.

Most of the time, unususally cold weather in one part of the country or world means unususally warm weather in other places.

If the ice caps were melting, it could give off cold air and stormy weather. As ice cubes melt, they release cold.

I have my doubts that the earth is warming, but I don't think it's been proven.

One thing I'd like to see is for the critics of global warming to have the balls to make their argument during record-breaking heatwaves.

It never fails that everytime there's a winter storm, blogs are overflowing with wisecracks about global warming.

During heatwaves, those very same bloggers are nowhere to be found.

·
Banned
631 Posts
There is no question that the planet is warming; and there is little doubt that humans have affected the rate at which the climate is changing. There are two unknowns, both a big deal. First, it's unclear exactly how much faster it will keep warming up. (We do know that it will be even more disruptive to the ecology, and hence to humans, than it already is. This is not going to be "a good thing".) The second thing we don't know is: What To Do About It. There are a lot of stupid radical "lefty" ideas proposed that are not well reasoned or supported by the facts. And there is one more thing we know: "Climate Change" / "Global Warming" has been turned into a kind of a religion, and that's not good for figuring out what to do.

It's unfortunate that so many "supporters" have misrepresented the facts and tried to get everyone absolutely ****ing hysterical. I blame Al Gore for turning the general public against Science, for example.

There is a real problem and yes it's "inconvenient".
Outrageous falsehoods and histrionics and misappropriation of the science does not help.
THAT is why we are kinda ****ed.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I lean in the direction that there isn't global warming taking place, but to use cold weather as proof is nonsense.

Most of the time, unususally cold weather in one part of the country or world means unususally warm weather in other places.

If the ice caps were melting, it could give off cold air and stormy weather. As ice cubes melt, they release cold.

I have my doubts that the earth is warming, but I don't think it's been proven.

One thing I'd like to see is for the critics of global warming to have the balls to make their argument during record-breaking heatwaves.

It never fails that everytime there's a winter storm, blogs are overflowing with wisecracks about global warming.

During heatwaves, those very same bloggers are nowhere to be found.
During heat waves, global warming proponents say, "See? We told you!" Equally obtuse.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts