Uber Drivers Forum banner

Lyft - Oops I did it again

849 views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  The Gift of Fish 
#1 ·
I just had another high value $60+ Lyft ride taken back by Lyft and "redispatched" to some other driver. I know that with Lyft you only have the ride when the pax is seated in the car, but still... it's irritating. FU Lyft!

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Got to love that new driver feeding they do. Most of the very rare long trips I get are redispatched. It's like I am the car of last resort if they fear they may lose the business, 4.96 rating, 6% AR, 3 yrs. Otherwise I am at the bottom of the list.
This trip was a scheduled ride, which I had not been scheduled for. What I think they might do is ping several drivers just before the scheduled time and then cancel every driver who accepted the pings other than the closest one to the pax. The idea being to ensure that the scheduled ride is covered; fork the drivers.

I usually get the $10 late cancel fee from Lyft after a quick phone call, so there is that I suppose.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately the higher the trip value, the harder Lyft will fight to keep that business. Redispatching to someone even 0.2miles closer means the passenger has that many seconds less to cancel the trip and go with Uber instead
Yep. I shouldn't be annoyed by it; it's just the way pings and rides operate on Lyft.

At least it works both ways. Lyft has never scolded me for failing to do a scheduled ride I had put my name down for. But if they ever did that, I'd just tell them "scheduled rides are not guaranteed".

Discussion starter · #8 ·
i would also be pissed if it changed a long ride warning to a 5 dollar fare.
I spoke to an American CSR today. She seemed to be of a higher support level; she sounded more educated and authoritative than the usual support drones. "Let me explain to you how this works", she said. "When a closer passenger becomes available to you, then we may swap your ride with one assigned to another driver".

"No", I said, "Let me explain to you how that works. When Lyft tries that ride swap nonsense with me then I cancel the pickup. You are not my employer and I am not your employee. You don't get to just assign me rides.".

The nerve of these clowns.

Discussion starter · #14 ·
Today I got a ping, had to get off the freeway and get back on heading the opposite way, as I get on the onramp I get rerouted and need to head back the other way, as I get on the ramp to head out of my way so I can get back the new ride it gets fixed. I waste 10 mins, drive 10 miles out of my way and have no rides. As lyft fixed the rides they don't show up on my ride list so I can't even request a cx fee.
I find that once Lyft does one swap, there will be more to come in quick succession just as you describe. As soon as the first swap attempt comes in I turn Lyft off for half an hour or so and just do Uber.

Discussion starter · #16 ·
The more far the ping is, this can happen more.
Now I am taking only 4 minutes away Pings.
I mentioned this to the Lyft person on the phone. That Lyft thinks it's being very clever and cutting wait times for its pax by messing drivers around with the ride swaps and the "ride cancelled by Lyft "nonsense, but the actual effect is just the opposite. Because of it, fewer drivers will even consider pickups more than 5 minutes away because they know that on the farther pickups there is a very high chance that Lyft will take the ride back before the driver arrives and he'll be left high and dry. This decreases driver coverage, increases pax wait times and provides an inferior customer experience for their pax.

She didn't get it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.