Uber Drivers Forum banner

Lyft - Oops I did it again

852 views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  The Gift of Fish 
Lyft hasn't taken me off a trip since last fall, on-demand or scheduled. I went round and round with Lyft support for several weeks, *****ing at them for the crappy practice of taking my first EARLY morning scheduled trips away even when I was ALWAYS on time to arrive BEFORE the start of the pickup window. They finally admitted to me that the only way to really guarantee getting the request for scheduled trips in MY PICKUPS, was to be right at the pickup location before the request goes out. That sucked because it was more wasted time getting there that early, but I was only doing this for long trips in to Sky Harbor, so the fares were good.

But a few weeks ago they sent out messaging that drivers would have more of a commitment from Lyft to get the rides, as long as we're in the general area and timeframe of the scheduled trip. I've been gradually testing that out by increasing my minutes/distance away from my scheduled pickups, and have not missed out on one trip for a couple weeks of trying this. I've even gotten the request a few times when I wasn't going to arrive until late in the 10 minute pickup window. This could change during summer though, when it seems every teacher is out driving for a summer job here. But it's been a step in the right direction so far, that I've been able to rely on getting the requests even if not nearby.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.