1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
No id verification on purchase

Its like a prepid card.

So basically Lyft doesn't know who is actually getting a ride at all

great way to make sure the drivers are safe
Try reading the article. In order to do this a person must first take the cash to Walmart or Kroger with a barcode they get from Lyft. Once scanned it’s loaded to the persons Lyft account. That person is then required to add appropriate identification in the app before ordering their first ride.

Absolutely nothing changes for the driver. Only extra work for the passengers.

·
Premium Member
5,955 Posts
Ever hear of a fake id?

At least with an actual real credit card there is more of a security background check.

Yes, you can use Lyft without a credit card. Your easiest option is to add a debit card. If you don't have a debit card either, simply use cash to purchase a prepaid card at Walmart, 7-11, or elsewhere.

Now do you see my point?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Click bait.

But that sort of shenanigans is typical of Lyft.

'50% off your next 10 trips!'*

*up to $10.

Then there's this one, only 3 Uber/Lyft drivers in area. Uber charges X and Y price to go to airports, prices remain consistent.

Lyft charges 2X and 2Y prices for the same trips with the same vehicle/driver at the same time, just hoping your stupid and desperate enough cause you think going to miss your plane.

I don't like Lyft, they don't like me because I'm not a crook like they are.

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
If you don't have a debit card either, simply use cash to purchase a prepaid card at Walmart, 7-11, or elsewhere.
This is EXACTLY what the Lyft program is but instead of buying a prepaid card they get a digital barcode to scan at the store which accomplishes the same thing, just without the added cost and of a physical card!

·
Premium Member
5,955 Posts
This is EXACTLY what the Lyft program is but instead of buying a prepaid card they get a digital barcode to scan at the store which accomplishes the same thing, just without the added cost and of a physical card!
There is no credit card verification on the account if your doing it this way. That was my point how a simple fake id allows you to purchase rides for an unverified account.

·
Premium Member
27,532 Posts
That person is then required to add appropriate identification in the app before ordering their first ride.
Ever hear of a fake id?
That was my point how a simple fake id allows you to purchase rides for an unverified account.
I'm asking this legitimately, not trying to be a dick here.

For "unbanked" riders does Lyft do any vetting of the ID that's uploaded?

I know some apps have you scan front and back of the license. They can read the barcode on the back to verify the authenticity.

I assume that costs extra. Anyone know if Lyft does that for riders?

·
Premium Member
10,380 Posts
For "unbanked" riders does Lyft do any vetting of the ID that's uploaded? I know some apps have you scan front and back of the license. They can read the barcode on the back to verify the authenticity. I assume that costs extra.
Wow, that sounds racist!!!
C’mon man! Y’all don’t even need an ID to vote in an election!

·
Premium Member
15,944 Posts
Very good law enforcement intelligence gathering technique
I dunno where you live, but where I live the cops don't care about murder or rape or car jackings or burglary or robbery or assault ... you really think they gonna do anything with the 'intelligence' they gather from WalMart in regards to a phony ID?
There is not law and order any more.
There is anarchy.

Do you really not see that?

• Wow
Reactions: 5231XDMA

·
Premium Member
5,955 Posts
I dunno where you live, but where I live the cops don't care about murder or rape or car jackings or burglary or robbery or assault ... you really think they gonna do anything with the 'intelligence' they gather from WalMart in regards to a phony ID?
There is not law and order any more.
There is anarchy.

Do you really not see that?
Cops are to busy killing black folk over no seatbelts.

Disclaimer. Only in Florida it seems.

·
Premium Member
2019 Reproduction 1860s era Stage Coach, Vintage Italian Leather Saddle, A-36 stainless horse shoes
9,573 Posts
You're supposed to say "This is how you die in a grisly car accident"

God.. I can't tell whose dumber, the cop for saying it or the dumbass for misunderstanding it so badly.

Reactions: W00dbutcher
1 - 20 of 32 Posts