Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Ride-booking company Lyft is moving forward with a return to New Mexico after an absence of over a year.
On July 19, the New Mexico Public Regulation Commission issued a permit to Lyft to operate as a transportation network company.

Gutierrez said Lyft submitted the permit application, along with a check covering the $10,000 permit fee, earlier this month.
“I’m assuming they’re serious if they’ve written the check,” said Gutierrez.

“Albuquerque is a great city for Lyft, and although we have no news to share at this time, we’re optimistic that we’ll be able to return there sometime in the near future,” said Lyft spokesperson Mary Caroline Pruitt.

(From the Albuquerque Journal. I'm unable to create a link, as I'm a new member)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I hope it happens soon, The way uber is treating us is pathetic. No regard for the driver whatsoever. It bothers me because it's a great model that could be great for the Driver, the Customer and the company but Uber is being extremely greedy. They are now a 63 Billion dollar company, and yet the only incentives they give us is to find other drivers. I will NEVER refer a driver for Uber again.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I am ready to try lyft. I have heard great things about them.
Many good things to say about lyft however there are always many more lyft drivers than uber since they may have a vehicle 5 years older. I was getting 10 - 15 more uber than lyft.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I hope it happens soon, The way uber is treating us is pathetic. No regard for the driver whatsoever. It bothers me because it's a great model that could be great for the Driver, the Customer and the company but Uber is being extremely greedy. They are now a 63 Billion dollar company, and yet the only incentives they give us is to find other drivers. I will NEVER refer a driver for Uber again.
Kinda strange that Uber wouldn't raise its rates if there's no Lyft competition in the city! Shady.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yep, it sucks. They were probably keeping it low to discourage lyft from coming in. Let's see if they don't lower the rate when lyft comes in.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Go on strike? I doubt there's enough cohesion among Uber drivers for a strike and, if there were, I suspect Uber would just shut down business in New Mexico.
I agree, there isn't enough cohesion with drivers to matter. Also, if we get drivers to understand that we can manipulate the software by logging off simultaneously, we can raise our fares and there is no need to complain to uber directly.

We can make it happen, but we need to get many more drivers logged in here to effect the surges.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't know when they made it official but I got a text notification from Lyft that my account was activated as a rider. I also got a confirmation email that I am scheduled for a mentor vehicle inspection and test drive to become a Lyft driver. Let's see how it goes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
You are correct. I would probably be pulling my hair out if uber was my primary source of income. But as supplemental income it still doesn't fare well with the competition. One advantage Uber has that Lyft doesn't is the relationships and networking in Albuquerque. Uber stayed when Lyft pulled out so most people don't even know Lyft is back. What I have discovered is that unlike Uber - Lyft charges that booking fee but doesn't take it out of your driver cut. And if a rider cancels and are charged that $5 fee the Lyft driver gets to keep it all. No cuts are taken from Lyft for that. Anywho i really like the Lyft riders but wish Lyft would make their presence a little more known instead of letting Uber hog all the events such as State Fair and UNM Games.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts