Uber Drivers Forum banner

Tips recieved doing Lyft Line are:

• No Idea, although I do Lyft Line.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please answer the POLL if you have done Lyft Line, regardless how you feel about Lyft Line. How do tips received doing Lyft Line compare to other Lyft trips? Most drivers feel about the same about Lyft Line as they do about uberPOOL, general negative. Please reply if
  • At the end of a day, you can tell tips from Lyft Line apart from tips received from other trips completed, how?
  • If you feel differently about Lyft Line than uberPOOL (except for tipping), why?
  • You prefer Lift Line trips to other Lyft trips, why?
  • You can share any "tricks" to improve the Lyft Line experience (example: Some Uber drivers turn off accepting new requests after accepting the first uberPOOL request.)

· Registered
2,907 Posts
Please answer the POLL if you have done Lyft Line, regardless how you feel about Lyft Line. How do tips received doing Lyft Line compare to other Lyft trips? Most drivers feel about the same about Lyft Line as they do about uberPOOL, general negative. Please reply if
  • At the end of a day, you can tell tips from Lyft Line apart from tips received from other trips completed, how?
  • If you feel differently about Lyft Line than uberPOOL (except for tipping), why?
  • You prefer Lift Line trips to other Lyft trips, why?
  • You can share any "tricks" to improve the Lyft Line experience (example: Some Uber drivers turn off accepting new requests after accepting the first uberPOOL request.)
I don't do Bus Line calls anymore, so I wouldn't know. In general, most passengers are incredibly cheap, are used to the cheap rates, and rarely tip anymore (regardless of modality).

· Premium Member
11,658 Posts
My personal opinion is that the tipping option in Lyft is not a big deal. People who want to tip will tip. People who don't want to tip won't.

I haven't kept any stats, but my sense is that I get more tips on Uber than Lyft, but overall only a small percentage of my riders tip.

· Registered
1,623 Posts
Never do Line....never. Pool nope, canceled the 2 x the one time I accidentally accepted it.
Uber has a 'stop new requests' option, and I remember (I rarely do Lyft these days) Lyft had the "go off-line" button.

If the go off-line button works like Uber's to block adding Line riders, you may indeed find it's worth taking these pax if you're in the Uber equivalent to Boost and Surge.

Essentially, you've turned the Line into a 2X Lyft - which might be a good thing if it fits your night's driving strategy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.