Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Lyft is getting into car rentals. The ride-hailing company announced Thursday that it's launching a rental service available in its main smartphone app that will work pretty much just like traditional car rental companies, starting in the San Francisco Bay Area and Los Angeles, California. The company will also provide renters with two $20 ride credits to help cover the cost of taking a Lyft to and from the pickup and drop-off points.

At launch, Lyft is making the Volkswagen Passat sedan and the Volkswagen Atlas SUV available to rent in San Francisco. The Mazda 3 sedan and Mazda CX-5 SUV will be the launch cars in Los Angeles. The company is aggressively pricing the rentals, too, with the Passat in San Francisco available for as little as $35 per day (though Lyft says pricing may change based on things like when people rent).

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
I'll be curious to see what their fee structure is for like returning with a non-full tank of gas, and the cost of adding insurance.

Also curious about the service life of the cars the use will be mileage, and, or length of time on the road.

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
Whoa, those are actually good cars. Not really my favorite VWs or Mazdas as they are the kind of less good versions of excellent cars (except the CX-5, that is probably one of the best mid-priced compact crossovers), but I would love one as a rental over a Nissan Sentra or Chevy Cruze.

·
Premium Member
8,900 Posts
At $35 a day with 2 free rides, they can lose money pretty quick. If they really want to screw things up let weekend warriors rent them for a day to do rideshare, imagine how much they could lose then!

·
Registered
2,982 Posts

Lyft is getting into car rentals. The ride-hailing company announced Thursday that it's launching a rental service available in its main smartphone app that will work pretty much just like traditional car rental companies, starting in the San Francisco Bay Area and Los Angeles, California. The company will also provide renters with two $20 ride credits to help cover the cost of taking a Lyft to and from the pickup and drop-off points.

At launch, Lyft is making the Volkswagen Passat sedan and the Volkswagen Atlas SUV available to rent in San Francisco. The Mazda 3 sedan and Mazda CX-5 SUV will be the launch cars in Los Angeles. The company is aggressively pricing the rentals, too, with the Passat in San Francisco available for as little as $35 per day (though Lyft says pricing may change based on things like when people rent).
Another scam.

·
Banned
780 Posts
Drug dealers & prostitutes going to love this, mobile motels for $35 woohoo

No humans around so stolen i.d.s new car to strip haha

It's like they haven't learned from Ubers exchange lease $9000 lost per car so 256 rental days to break even with no damages or maintenance needed sure that's the ticket

2019 with 100k miles on it

Just go outta business already criminals,. I'm sure their rental car companies they've been partnering with love them undercutting rates I'm sure decades of business to figure out 25 or older was just hogwash they know nothing app is smarter than dumb profit making biz

·
Premium Member
2,903 Posts
Let me understand this. Lyft and Uber have caused financial distress to the rental car companies and now Lyft wants to get into the rental car business that they have attempted to destroy.

Makes perfect sense.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts