Uber Drivers Forum banner

WTF

• It's Uber's system replicated on Lyft

Votes: 18 60.0%
  • This is not the same but eerily similar

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • WTF is not posed as a question. Get it together with your punctuation.

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • I like this new system

Votes: 3 10.0%
1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Oh... damn.

Find high demand nearby.
You've shared that Prime Time helps you see where it's busy, but isn't a dependable way to earn more. So we're replacing it with something better: a clearer, more reliable way to find high demand and score a bonus on your next ride.
(Lyft link stripped)

Meet Personal Power Zones
Coming soon to your app, Personal Power Zones guarantee you a bonus on your next ride when you drive through a high demand zone. They're based on your location, and show you the bonus amount up front.

See passenger demand in your city

When there's no Personal Power Zone nearby, you'll still know where you're most likely to get a ride.

When you know where to go, it's easier to make the most of your time on the road.

Keep in mind: As a part of the new experience, you'll no longer see or earn Prime Time in your app.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Oh... damn.

Find high demand nearby.
You've shared that Prime Time helps you see where it's busy, but isn't a dependable way to earn more. So we're replacing it with something better: a clearer, more reliable way to find high demand and score a bonus on your next ride.
(Lyft link stripped)

Coming soon to your app, Personal Power Zones guarantee you a bonus on your next ride when you drive through a high demand zone. They're based on your location, and show you the bonus amount up front.

When there's no Personal Power Zone nearby, you'll still know where you're most likely to get a ride.

When you know where to go, it's easier to make the most of your time on the road.

Keep in mind: As a part of the new experience, you'll no longer see or earn Prime Time in your app.
Wow.

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
  • If you go offline, cancel a ride, miss a request, or go into Destination Mode, you'll lose the guarantee.
  • You can only earn one bonus per trip. If it's a Line ride, you'll earn one bonus on the whole trip - not each pickup. Color me surprised

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Oh... damn.

Find high demand nearby.
(Lyft link stripped)

We've had this in Florida for over 6 months. At least Lyft notified you - they just switched it on us and denied it when you questioned support.

·
Premium Member
5,663 Posts
  • If you go offline, cancel a ride, miss a request, or go into Destination Mode, you'll lose the guarantee.
  • You can only earn one bonus per trip. If it's a Line ride, you'll earn one bonus on the whole trip - not each pickup. Color me surprised
And just like that, line is back in the garbage with stool

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
One question is how personal these are. They're calling it a "personal power zone"
Maybe they are rejiggering the thing so they hand some drivers certain areas and other drivers other area. It's a novel approach to manage driver placement.
Here's how it works for us in Tampa: You sometimes see the bonuses at the normal high surge times, then at other times they'll just randomly offer you bonuses in what appears to be an effort to keep you from driving for Uber. It's very inconsistent, very random, and I have yet after 6 months to figure out what they're thinking. Uber can have a high surge at an event, and there's nothing for Lyft. Or Lyft can offer you bonuses when it's slow for no apparent reason. The amounts vary greatly and sometimes don't seem to be based on anything at all.

I've often thought that Lyft uses Tampa, which is a pretty slow market for them, as a guinea pig. They can't seem to decide what they're trying to do.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
They’ve been around in other markets for a while. Used to get power zones every other week in L.A, but only had it for 1 week out of the last 2 months. So they’re slowly taking that away from us too along with no primetime ever. Sometimes they can be quite high, 60-100%. It’s also assigned randomly to drivers, someone may have it for a week and it’ll be your turn the week after, but it’s pretty much non existent now my last one was almost 2 months ago, lyft is all base always now.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Does anyone think that this is an indication of a surplus of drivers? With that saturation, do you think that they are trying to avoid the appearance of deadhead vehicles clogging up the streets? I wonder if this is Lyfts way of showing governments that they are more progressive than uber in getting idle cars out of traffic. Maybe its a response to the NYC thing

·
Premium Member
5,501 Posts
Does anyone think that this is an indication of a surplus of drivers? With that saturation, do you think that they are trying to avoid the appearance of deadhead vehicles clogging up the streets? I wonder if this is Lyfts way of showing governments that they are more progressive than uber in getting idle cars out of traffic. Maybe its a response to the NYC thing
No. It is a money grab so they can work towards an IPO (Uber) and profitability (Lyft).

1 - 20 of 161 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.