Uber Drivers Forum banner

Is Lyft shared ride worst then Uber pool.

• Defiantly Yes

Votes: 37 92.5%
  • Not at all

Votes: 4 10.0%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product Font Material property Screenshot Magenta
I picked up first pessenger and second passenger added automatically. When I reached to pick up second pessenger but it did not show up. So, I tapped 'no show up'. It didn't get paid for cancellation fee but Lyft kept all the cancellation fee.

·
Premium Member
10,536 Posts
They are a dirty company. They steal tolls, cancellation fees and money in general. They charge pax upfront pricing and if a driver milks it they change the pax price and charge them extra. I don't know why these pax still use such a dirty app when there are so many other options in NYC.

·
Registered
640 Posts
They are a dirty company. They steal tolls, cancellation fees and money in general. They charge pax upfront pricing and if a driver milks it they change the pax price and charge them extra. I don't know why these pax still use such a dirty app when there are so many other options in NYC.
Agreed, but looks like they fixed the toll issue. Got $8.50 from Lyft for the Midtown Tunnel this week. Now we have an incentive to always take the toll bridge/tunnel.

·
Premium Member
6,919 Posts
View attachment 241644 I picked up first pessenger and second passenger added automatically. When I reached to pick up second pessenger but it did not show up. So, I tapped 'no show up'. It didn't get paid for cancellation fee but Lyft kept all the cancellation fee.
Lyft are good in paying you back for whatever mistakes they make, just contact them via app and have them call you, make sure you speak to an agent over the phone and you should get paid for that cancellation fee.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
For the past month I have not been getting any cancelation fee automatically when a pax cancels at the 2 min mark. Every time I email them and they add it manual but first tell me that the platform worked correctly and tell me the cancelation requirements. I tell them I know the requirements for NYC and am entitled to a cancelation fee. They always say "We will make this one time exception".

Still waiting for my fee from July 4. App says pax requested at 12:38 and canceled at 12:40. Lyft told me they requested at 12:39 and canceled at 12:40 so thats why I wasn't paid but they will "make a one time exception"

·
Super Moderator
3,098 Posts
When you do a lyft shared ride, here is how cancel fee works.

You get a ping, as you're driving to pick up the first pax another pax is added to your queue. You arrive at the first pax, you no show the first pax. You get a cancelation fee, then you go pick up the next pax in the shared ride.

Now this is what happened to you, you picked up the first pax, and on your way to pick up the 2nd or 3rd pax you no show one of them. You don't get a cancel fee. You're only paid for time and distance after the first pax. Lyft pockets the cancel fee.

Dumb company rules.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
View attachment 241644 I picked up first pessenger and second passenger added automatically. When I reached to pick up second pessenger but it did not show up. So, I tapped 'no show up'. It didn't get paid for cancellation fee but Lyft kept all the cancellation fee.
Lyft does not pay out for second passenger cancellations. Only for the first passenger, if they were to cancel that is.

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
I knew I got paid more and saw it different later in the day.

Took the belt and later in the day was like WHAT?

Thought I was going crazy.

They went from a deficit to a take of $5 Wow.

Do they change the driver take also?

Lyft does not pay out for second passenger cancellations. Only for the first passenger, if they were to cancel that is.
But does the pax get charged? If so then that's BS.

The driver burned HIS gas for that pickup.

·
Premium Member
10,536 Posts
I knew I got paid more and saw it different later in the day.

Took the belt and later in the day was like WHAT?

Thought I was going crazy.

They went from a deficit to a take of $5 Wow.

Do they change the driver take also?

But does the pax get charged? If so then that's BS.

The driver burned HIS gas for that pickup.
If pax complains then they might adjust the driver's fare. They've never adjusted mine but I don't go crazy. I take belt from downtown bk which is a normal way to go to jfk.

·
Registered
330 Posts
This happened to me I did a trip to upstate started in the NYC went over the gwb to go upstate. So they paid me the surcharge for NYC to nj but they didn't pay the surcharge from NJ to NY state or a toll I did upstate. I ended up calling there ass and they paid me what I was owed. Lyft is doing some sneaky shit.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts