Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told that LYFT would soon be active in Northwest Indiana as well as the surrounding areas. Yesterday I receive and accepted 5 calls all of which I accepted. That will never happen again. Why you ask! Because LYFT has something called LINE which is their version of UBER POOL. In other words, you drive for nothing and LYFT or UBER (take your choice) reap the benefits as well as the slick ass rider who get an almost free ride.
I don't accept UBER Pool ride requests and the same goes for LYFT Line requests.
What say you?

·
Premium Member
11,623 Posts
I'm now opted out of Uber Pool, but I do get Lyft Line.

This may or may not be true in your area, but here most of my Lyft Line requests seem to be MUCH longer rides than UPoo rides were. That can be good or bad. It's more money, but can tie you up for a long time when you don't want to be tied up. I no longer even turn Lyft on during morning rush hour for that reason -- I miss too many good Uber rides.

Line also pays more than Poo here -- if I get a second rider, I get the applicable fares for both, not the partial fare I would have gotten with Poo. I had a short college ride the other day with two pickups; I got $3.22 for each. I think I actually made more than I would have made with an UberX ride of the same distance. With UberPoo that would have been $3.22 + about a dollar...or less.

I was skeptical of Lyft at first, but Lyft has been doing a lot of promotions (as they will in your area) and I've been doing pretty well with it lately. One week I actually made more with Lyft than Uber, and for the last four weeks it's been running about 60% Uber/40% Lyft.

I would try it in your area for a few weeks and see how it works out. Don't expect it to just explode as soon as they launch; it will take some time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts