Uber Drivers Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
751 Posts
Yea I could be a cab driver if I learn how to drive like a asshole want to be stuck in my car roasting like a chicken for 10 hours for mediocre pay. Uh no thanks
Go sit in your crappy cab and get off this sight!!!! Your not a Uber or Lyft Driver!!! Mind ur own business keep driving like a %%%%hole
But you are lyft ah, much better, get a life, I drive good but who cares, I get this all day long buddy, my cab is always freezing inside and as soon as something is wrong, back to the shop.
Go sit in your crappy cab and get off this sight!!!! Your not a Uber or Lyft Driver!!! Mind ur own business keep driving like a %%%%hole

Attachments

· Registered
501 Posts
Lyft decided to deactivate my account without sending any information whatsoever of what happened except that I had picked up a passenger while having a unauthorized lyft person in the car with me. First of all this never happened. Second of all I asked Lyft to send me the information which passenger it was what pick up time date they had any video proof if they had any proof that all. They refuse to respond to me it's been over 3 hours and my account still deactivated. Is there anyone that knows an attorney so I can go after them for illegally deactivating my account?
One of the MANY reasons every driver should have a Dual Dash Cam with audio in their car that can handle at least a removable 32 GB memory card so you can change the memory cards out and store them instead of just looping.

If you were driving with that... than you would be able to provide it to Lyft date and time stamped to refute any garbage claims. When I was serious about driving, I invested in one of those along with four 32 GB SD cards so I could store 8 hours of recording time for a couple of days. A HUGE side benefit is that I noticed right away that passengers were not so obnoxious once I got that baby up and running.

I was driving late night to early morning back when rates were worth it which meant a lot of obnoxious drunks at times. (Not only in the car, but also on the road.) Of course, that was back when it was easy to make a grand a week only driving 40 hours a week so investing $300 total in that was well worth it.

Sorry to hear about Lyft doing that to you but Lyft is a better outfit to drive for than Uber. Somebody made a claim on you and Lyft takes that seriously. As an Independent Contractor, all of these gigs can pretty much deactivate you on a frivolous claim by a passenger so an Attorney in Nevada probably is going to have nothing to do with it unless you have proof that the Lyft passenger is full of garbage.

Do you really think Uber wouldn't do the same thing to you if one of their passengers complained? (Of course, an Uber driver has been known to go out and shoot people up between picking up passengers so maybe not.)

· Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
One of the MANY reasons every driver should have a Dual Dash Cam with audio in their car that can handle at least a removable 32 GB memory card so you can change the memory cards out and store them instead of just looping.

If you were driving with that... than you would be able to provide it to Lyft date and time stamped to refute any garbage claims. When I was serious about driving, I invested in one of those along with four 32 GB SD cards so I could store 8 hours of recording time for a couple of days. A HUGE side benefit is that I noticed right away that passengers were not so obnoxious once I got that baby up and running.

I was driving late night to early morning back when rates were worth it which meant a lot of obnoxious drunks at times. (Not only in the car, but also on the road.) Of course, that was back when it was easy to make a grand a week only driving 40 hours a week so investing $300 total in that was well worth it.

Sorry to hear about Lyft doing that to you but Lyft is a better outfit to drive for than Uber. Somebody made a claim on you and Lyft takes that seriously. As an Independent Contractor, all of these gigs can pretty much deactivate you on a frivolous claim by a passenger so an Attorney in Nevada probably is going to have nothing to do with it unless you have proof that the Lyft passenger is full of garbage.

Do you really think Uber wouldn't do the same thing to you if one of their passengers complained? (Of course, an Uber driver has been known to go out and shoot people up between picking up passengers so maybe not.)
Hey I love the idea of having video in my car however Lyft didn't even ask me or for any type of video Lyft didnt ask me for anything they just deactivated my account nobody even asked me what happened and now I'm stuck here not having a clue of what's going on. I did like driving for Lyft I just don't know what exactly transpired if they would deactivate my account without even questioning me about what happened I've never heard of anything like that.

· Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

Also just to add I had a similar experience with Uber. Uber safety team called me on a Sunday ask me what happened I explain the situation they said we are not deactivating you go ahead and drive.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.