Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Just discovered that the Lyft app does not accurately record mileage and location. Thus, the pay is inaccurate. In many cases, it will not record tolls.
The app continually disconnects from servers. (I have 3 devices and it does it on all 3). Unlike Uber, Lyft does not save the plotted course, or make adjustments if it loses contact with the server.
After researching the past month alone, over 200 undocumented miles and nearly 20.00 in missing tolls.
I only discovered this when an excessively long trip seemed less than it should.
In the dashboard, you have to enlarge the extremely small map and you may discover that the route jumps from point A-B in a straight line, missing all the roads traveled.
I am looking for anyone else that may have discovered this as well.
A good indication is if you ever see a text that states it lost connection. BTW, it does not always send a text.
In the attached photo, you will see a trip that was not recorded. The trip was 49.1 miles, and Lyft had it for 38.1 miles. A loss of 11 miles. In addition this trip had 6.00 in tolls, that were not charged because the app did not record the trip correctly. No connection to server means no pay.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I'm drivin' Las Vegas. I get a request to take 2pax to Bonnie Springs, about a 20 mile trip into near mountain range. Pax change course to Red Rock Conservation Area...an extra 15 miles or so. GPS drops connection. I get half pay. I contact support, they fixed it correctly. So, if there is a problem, file a report. Lyft support is very good, especially compared to Uber.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm drivin' Las Vegas. I get a request to take 2pax to Bonnie Springs, about a 20 mile trip into near mountain range. Pax change course to Red Rock Conservation Area...an extra 15 miles or so. GPS drops connection. I get half pay. I contact support, they fixed it correctly. So, if there is a problem, file a report. Lyft support is very good, especially compared to Uber.
Maybe good in Vegas, but here they suck. As much as Uber. Had two more trips today that did the same thing. This brings the count to 18 trips.
Their response: Uninstall and then reinstall. (Duh, did that).
Try different device. (Did that too, but use two devices that have the app, and happens on both)
log out, log in. Don't know why but yes, did that before all this as well.
Lyft only works on Android nugget. ( Interesting since it just came out and only available on one phone, which is not out yet) One device, marshmallow, the other lollipop.
Get a better carrier, like Verizon. Already use them.
Get an iPhone. Really?
Don't text, call or use other apps. Ummm. Have to use either wayze or google maps and the phone on occasion.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hello,
Just discovered that the Lyft app does not accurately record mileage and location. Thus, the pay is inaccurate. In many cases, it will not record tolls.
The app continually disconnects from servers. (I have 3 devices and it does it on all 3). Unlike Uber, Lyft does not save the plotted course, or make adjustments if it loses contact with the server.
After researching the past month alone, over 200 undocumented miles and nearly 20.00 in missing tolls.
I only discovered this when an excessively long trip seemed less than it should.
In the dashboard, you have to enlarge the extremely small map and you may discover that the route jumps from point A-B in a straight line, missing all the roads traveled.
A good indication is if you ever see a text that states it lost connection. BTW, it does not always send a text.
In the attached photo, you will see a trip that was not recorded. The trip was 49.1 miles, and Lyft had it for 38.1 miles. A loss of 11 miles. In addition this trip had 6.00 in tolls, that were not charged because the app did not record the trip correctly. No connection to server means no pay.
This is my first real week driving for Lyft, and man, you are right, they thing does NOT like to stay connected to GPS at all. I have had questions about that. I am not about FREE, if this keeps up, I will deliver pizzas.
This rideshare thing is getting to be joke.

·
Premium Member
63,038 Posts
Hello,
Sounds like you are being ripped off !

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
It has more to do with your phone & carrier. Andriod phones are ridiculous. GPS is flawless on a Samsung core prime {cheap phone} but I've had numerous issues with galaxy's 4 & 5.

Reactions: tohunt4me

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Where are you driving? I lose connection on occasion in Las Vegas, usually in parking basements or at airport. You have tried "hard re-boot"? My phone is the Samsung Galaxy S4, good unit, but now small and oldish but 97% reliable. Try re-boot and move toward a known cell tower. I'm on Verizon, supposedly what all the taxis use. I wonder if they experience same problems as you. GL.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is my first real week driving for Lyft, and man, you are right, they thing does NOT like to stay connected to GPS at all. I have had questions about that. I am not about FREE, if this keeps up, I will deliver pizzas.
This rideshare thing is getting to be joke.
The best thing you can do is record the starting and ending locations. I have an app that logs all trips so when I submit I take a screen shot and submit that

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It has more to do with your phone & carrier. Andriod phones are ridiculous. GPS is flawless on a Samsung core prime {cheap phone} but I've had numerous issues with galaxy's 4 & 5.
Samsung, iPhone and LG All 3 same issue. All Verizon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Maybe good in Vegas, but here they suck. As much as Uber. Had two more trips today that did the same thing. This brings the count to 18 trips.
Their response: Uninstall and then reinstall. (Duh, did that).
Try different device. (Did that too, but use two devices that have the app, and happens on both)
log out, log in. Don't know why but yes, did that before all this as well.
Lyft only works on Android nugget. ( Interesting since it just came out and only available on one phone, which is not out yet) One device, marshmallow, the other lollipop.
Get a better carrier, like Verizon. Already use them.
Get an iPhone. Really?
Don't text, call or use other apps. Ummm. Have to use either wayze or google maps and the phone on occasion.
Um... Lyft does not only work on android nugget.
The loss comes from whether you are using data or wifi and support can see where you went and will immediately correct if there's something missing. Support is the same group no matter where your at...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yeah man, the other day, it seems that I was the only driver in Louisville. I was sent all over the county. I was off line a lot. I had no idea that I lost all that millage. I am really upset now.

I also the other day had big app problems, and missed a few pings that were not my fault. Not when I ping comes up, it says that I have a low acceptance rate.
I have written then about this matter, and am ignored about them fixing my record.

I am not happy.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
never experienced any earnings gap or missing toll. I calculate each ride after starting gps and before starting to drive.

·
Registered
48 Posts
It seems that I lost out on a lot of money last week. My old phone would lose GPS and not tell me. I got a new phone now and had no problems.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Okay, for those that are kind enough to respond, great advise but most of it I already know. The issue is the app itself. No issues with connections on Uber, AT ALL. Half the time Lyft does not notify me that it lost connection. Several devices, including iPhone and Samsung. Same issues. Tried it on both Verizon and ATT, same issues. I live in North Jersey, and believe me there are a ass load of cell towers, so that is not the issue. GPS keeps running, but app is not recording the information. Yesterday was the worse. 7 of 7 trips all had issues.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wow man, that's raw.

I live in a pretty.big area, and there should be no reason why I would have lost gps connection either. Man, I lost a lot of money the first day I drove Lyft then.

That makes me very upset. They had me going all over town too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts