Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When is Lyft going to Launch in St Louis? My Account is Active to start driving does anybody have any knowledge yet?

·
Registered
636 Posts
They already launched in Springfield, but I don't imagine they'll launch in the rest of the state until the Senate passes the house bill, or both houses pass the Senate bill. I'm not signing up until they do, as there are no incentives to sign up now, and there certainly will be when they launch.

·
Registered
196 Posts
HB130 has sort of stalled in the senate. There has not been any movement since 3/9.

Unfortunately, I may not be in the state once it does become law. I may be moving to Reno soon.

·
Registered
244 Posts
So I was looking at signing up with Lyft as well, looks like they require that you upload a copy of your safety inspection. My car is registered in IL, so I don't have one. Does anyone know if the MO state inspection sites will inspect out of state cars?

·
Banned
4,953 Posts
They already launched in Springfield, but I don't imagine they'll launch in the rest of the state until the Senate passes the house bill, or both houses pass the Senate bill. I'm not signing up until they do, as there are no incentives to sign up now, and there certainly will be when they launch.
I googled Lyft Driver Code and Lyft themselves were offering $1,000 code last night. Today it's showing $250 or up to $1,000 by getting $2.57 extra a ride your first 60 days. That's 6.5 rides a day, every day, for 60 days, so obviously, that's not happening in a new market.

What are Lyft's requirements?

You must be at least 21 and own an iPhone or Android phone. As part of our approval process, you'll undergo a DMV check, plus a national and county background check. This will require a Social Security number, in addition to an in-state driver's license that is at least a year old. Learn more about our background check standards on our Safety page, and our comprehensive driver requirements in the Help Center.

Your car needs to have four external door handles and at least five total seat belts. You must be a covered party on your car's in-state insurance, and have in-state license plates. We'll confirm all of this during your 19-point vehicle inspection. Cars have Lyft age requirements too, which can vary by state. See your state-specific requirements.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Aha, so that is the issue. I started the process last night but already received an email that I was not eligible. I assume because I signed up to drive in the St. Louis market but have an IL plate and driver's license. It did have E. St. Louis listed I saw, but I don't know if signing up for the East side automatically allows you to drive on the MO side.

·
Banned
4,953 Posts
Aha, so that is the issue. I started the process last night but already received an email that I was not eligible. I assume because I signed up to drive in the St. Louis market but have an IL plate and driver's license. It did have E. St. Louis listed I saw, but I don't know if signing up for the East side automatically allows you to drive on the MO side.
Pretty sure they do metro areas like Uber.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I signed up and they said they will be starting up soon. All of my documents went through and passed in 48 hours and I am currently ready to go.
Font Screenshot Electric blue Number Document
Font Electric blue Number Screenshot Document

·
Registered
244 Posts
So I received this back from Lyft in response to my query about why they denied my application:

"Thanks for interest in our platform. I'd be glad to address your concern.

It seems that Lyft is not yet available in St. Louis, Missouri. In this case, if you would like to drive in that area, we are unable to proceed for now. If you don't see your area within one of our current coverage maps, found at www.lyft.com/cities, please be patient - it's just a matter of time until we launch there.

Before starting up in any new city, we like to gauge the demand for Lyft by reaching out to a number of different local resources. This means that if you've seen a call for new drivers in your city, there is a chance we might be opening up there soon, even if the area is not yet listed on our cities page. It's hard to tell how long this might take, as each city has its own unique personality.

Since you said that you're also going in Illinois, you can intend to drive there as well since Lyft is live in that region.

If you are interested in driving in Illinois, you can check our Help Center at https://help.lyft.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003354247 for more information regarding the driver requirements for the region.

Let me know if there's anything else.

All the best,

Aleia
Lyft Support Representative"

So if anyone gets a different response please let me know.

·
Registered
244 Posts
The Lyft support is just as bad as the Uber support. I have been emailing back and forth with them for a few days now, they rejected my application and when I asked why they said that I can't sign up to drive in St. Louis because Lyft is not available here, but I can sign up for Illinois. Then I get this text today:

"Hey everyone, Lyft here! We plan to launch in STL very soon, and we wanted to give you all another reminder to complete your application as we head into the weekend.

To do so visit https://www.lyft.com/drive/documents to access your application online.

Note: Some of you only need to complete the driver training section and you will be approved. You can access the training under the education tab in your application.

Once you are approved we will follow up with more info around the exact launch date."

·
Registered
196 Posts
It's weird. I signed up for Lyft when the filled the bill, I got approved but of course was not able to do anything. I went up to Madison, WI last month, and they moved my territory up there for that week (unlike Uber who wanted me to wait a week while they ran a background check again).

Lyft may have put a hold on STL registrations so they could properly prepare to process applications under the new law.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Some of my friends got e-mails from Uber yesterday that Uber will be online in St Charles today, but the map hasn't been changed yet. Maybe after 11 am?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts