Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I hear ya but 2 rides per hour should be pretty easy to complete. Gone are the days of doing 1 ride and then parking somewhere so the system doesn't ping you for the rest of that hour. I like the no zone area concept for these reasons. #1 - all the Lyft guarantee drivers are not in the same areas. #2 when dropping off in an out of the zone area, I would ,after the drop, often turn my app off and rush back to one of the guarantee zone area. I didn't want to get ping in a non zone area, which would not count towards my hourly guarantee.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I'm gonna try it Monday morning and see what happens. If I only get one ride per hour I'm not gonna bother with the rest of the week.

Since the guarantee is back at all, I'm guessing that a lot of drivers who started in May have realized the job sucks and have dropped out.

·
Banned
2,860 Posts
Sadly, Lyft is dead, they account for 10% of my rides. 2 rides per hour would be really tough to maintain unless uber is surging and we all know that never happens anymore.
Going to be tough especially if splash zone promo continues with uber. I know some spots that I will test it out. Cherry pick uber requests and see what pays more. Don't take any uber request under $10 net is my advice to you all. Stop giving rides at a loss to selfious passengers who refuse to tip even on $5 pool splash zone rides. As well as minimum rides, you guys have to toughen up your standards to help us all send a message. I'm one of the few drivers calling customers in advance of picking them up I'm being told. Start calling and you should see more net per ride and less miles driven.

·
Premium Member
2,283 Posts
Going to be tough especially if splash zone promo continues with uber. I know some spots that I will test it out. Cherry pick uber requests and see what pays more. Don't take any uber request under $10 net is my advice to you all. Stop giving rides at a loss to selfious passengers who refuse to tip even on $5 pool splash zone rides. As well as minimum rides, you guys have to toughen up your standards to help us all send a message. I'm one of the few drivers calling customers in advance of picking them up I'm being told. Start calling and you should see more net per ride and less miles driven.
San Diego Steve, do you ask the pax to cancel or just cancel yourself once you find out the ride is unprofitable?

·
Banned
2,860 Posts
San Diego Steve, do you ask the pax to cancel or just cancel yourself once you find out the ride is unprofitable?
Always ask them to cancel, majority cancel on their end. It's all about the sales pitch. You have to let them know why you can't take them. A valid rational reason is all it takes. I'll pm you another trick I'm doing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts