Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next Week's Average Hourly Guarantees = 1 day (4th of July)

Mon. 7/4
$20/hr from 12pm-5pm
$30/hr from 5pm-6pm
$35/hr from 6pm-10pm
$45/hr from 10pm-1am

·
Registered
37 Posts
New zones too.

PB area, Coronado ferry port and Downtown embarcadero for 1 ride per hour.

2 rides everywhere else.

Be warned, one year I spent 2hrs going from Belmont park to the 8 fwy on ramp after fireworks.

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Does 12am-2am fall on Monday (technically)? Or was that last night? 12am is no longer Sunday.
Sun. 7/3
$20/hr from 12pm-2pm
$20/hr from 4pm-9pm
$25/hr from 9pm-12am
$35/hr from 12am-2am

I tried to shoot for the Lyft bonus last night (technically Sunday am)... 2nd ride took me to BFE Santee. Then I get a ping to go 37 minutes away (Ramona), I let it time out. Head back to civilization. Another ping, this time El Cajon. I circle back on freeway. No show. Called pax. He put in his destination instead of his pick-up location (downtown). Time wasted in my 2nd hour of guaranteed rate.I slowly creep along heading west. Got one more request 15 mins before the hour ended. So, I didn't get two rides between 2 am and 3am, so no guaranteed $25 or whatever/hr for me!

·
Registered
413 Posts
The ants don't know that. Let them have at it.
This makes sense, let them feel the pain. I usually don't work guarantees but these are pretty good. Maybe, the farther away from downtown you are, the better chance you have of getting two short rides for $30-$35-$45 per hour.

·
Registered
246 Posts
This makes sense, let them feel the pain. I usually don't work guarantees but these are pretty good. Maybe, the farther away from downtown you are, the better chance you have of getting two short rides for $30-$35-$45 per hour.
I live in coastal no. county & I like your strategy! I'll turn on my destination feature, (call pax to tell them I'm not going long distance tonight) hehe.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I started out trying to game the guarantees as I usually do but the pings were coming so fast and furious that I just drove normally. $105 gross for 5.25 hours of work. Minus about $15 in gas. Minus let's say $5 in depreciation. Minus let's say $5 for increased ticket and accident risk. Pretty crap but certainly not the worst I've seen.

I turned down a bunch of rides so I won't see the guarantees anyway.

·
Registered
113 Posts
May I suggest that you, Rendog11, stay off the road this holiday. Your slurred comment has nothing to do with this thread. Go to sleep little doggy.
Lmao keep your suggestions to your self. You tiny bopper this is free speech did you forget and by the way I don't care what you or anyone on this forum thinks!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Lmao keep your suggestions to your self. You tiny bopper this is free speech did you forget and by the way I don't care what you or anyone on this forum thinks!
This forum is privately owned. You have free speech on public property, not private property.

We know you don't care what people think of you. I assume if you did you would start by taking an English class.

·
Registered
113 Posts
This forum is privately owned. You have free speech on public property, not private property.

We know you don't care what people think of you. I assume if you did you would start by taking an English class.
Your very insecure for taking this personally son lmao and it's public to me ! If you don't like it do something about it.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Next Week's Average Hourly Guarantees = 1 day (4th of July)

Mon. 7/4
$20/hr from 12pm-5pm
$30/hr from 5pm-6pm
$35/hr from 6pm-10pm
$45/hr from 10pm-1am
Lyft now averages the garuntee by the total number of hours worked during the garuntee by how much you made in total. For example, if you worked 5 hours for a $20 hr garuntee and some of those hours were below 20 and some were above, if it all averages out above $20 per hour they won't give you a bonus. 18+18+18+18+28=100. 100/5=20

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Lyft now averages the garuntee by the total number of hours worked during the garuntee by how much you made in total. For example, if you worked 5 hours for a $20 hr garuntee and some of those hours were below 20 and some were above, if it all averages out above $20 per hour they won't give you a bonus. 18+18+18+18+28=80. 80/5=20
Truly inspirational Lyft Math! Uber is taking notes ...

·
Registered
312 Posts
Your very insecure for taking this personally son lmao and it's public to me ! If you don't like it do something about it.
Pointing out that you are incorrect to think speech is protected in a private forum isn't because I'm insecure. I'm simply pointing out your ignorance.

I would work on reading if I were you instead of listening to Ebonix. You might pick up some vocabulary words so that you don't have to use words like "son." You remind me of the type of worker who refers to his customers as "boss." When people leave your car don't say, "have a good night Boss." It doesn't make you sound very intelligent.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts