Uber Drivers Forum banner

Has Lyft cut guarantees in your market?

• 1) They've cut a lot of guarantees.

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • 2) They've cut some guarantees.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3) They haven't cut guarantees.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4) Lyft has ADDED guarantees in my market.

Votes: 4 33.3%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See the question...Very curious. I think Lyft is shooting themselves in the foot in my market when Lyft is more popular than ever. Too much Prime Time, not enough drivers. Even with all my skills as a driver, I can't make what I was making with those $20+ guarantees + Prime Time at select times.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Theyve added a ridiculous number of $18 / 2 anywhere hours and made the 1 ride zones ridiculous

Some lack essentials like, well, PARKING.

Anyway, their blatant manipulation of Plus (shifting it around between XL only and all-in frequently BEHIND THE SCENES --- you have no say whatsoever) makes guarantees rather moot

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
F*** Lyft and their POS, Lyft Line inducing bonuses. Be rude as f*** to every passenger and show them what less than minimum wage buys them.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Much worse here. Last year all 1 ride per hour AHGs, no zones, lots of AHG hours. This year, changed to 2 rides/hr except in zone, zone started off very small, which I think messed with their coverage, so they recently tripled the size of the zone. But even in winter here, they will go for a couple of weeks at a time with no AHG whatsoever. Then they will have weeks with maybe 10 hours or less of AHGs. They have not yet dropped them below $20/hr, but I am waiting, and won't be driving them (and won't be driving 2 ride/hr AHG's either, not worth it).

I would say AHG bonus payments on a per driver basis are about half of what they were last year. The good news, if you can call it that, is that there is such an oversatuation of drivers here, that I never miss an AHG bonus payout, and they represent a substantial percentage of my total very part-time income, and keep my miles way down.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Lyft never pays this crap anyhow.

Never paid sign up bonus

Never paid New Years guarantees

Never paid winback "take 10 rides get $40" bonus

·
Premium Member
11,623 Posts
How about another choice: Lyft guarantees don't matter?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts